The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

well ill b.....a win and 2 goals for petey. Studnicka should have had one or 2 more i think. Sad to hear about mikheyev whom i think was one of our best players, with an injured knee even. Considering mikheyevs defensive role im not sure what to expect but id like to see either hogz or Podz  return....

7 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Terrible. Sometimes careers are never really the same after these 

Antoine Roussel had a similar surgery did he not? He looked no where near as dynamic after the fact. Wish Ilya well on a personal note.

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

The other thing I want to mention regarding a complete teardown is??? 

Who? Buffalo? Edmonton? Colorado finally won, but they were a gong show for years. 

What's a complete rebuild? 

Arizona? Even the Make Believes, after getting Matthews isn't a guaranteed a Cup. 

Let's get real here. 

However, if we seriously can't get it together this year, I'd rather have a good shot at Bedard

or one of the top 3. No problem there. 

I just don't understand how some here think we have to absolutely tear this team apart to 

even have a chance. There's still a lot of good pieces in place. 

This season has a little bit of the same feel as the early 90's teams.   Out with the old, in with the new ... a lot of fan favourites got traded.    Had a down year and then exploded for 103 or so points (like 113 in todays game), one of the top teams in the league (1993).    I'm pretty sure they are 100% focused on 2023-2024 now.    Acquiring a stud (or 2 or 3 hopefully) would go a long long way into pushing this team over the top later.   This team needs playoff reps.   Trading Bo isn't as dramatic as when we traded Linden ... But it's close to when we traded Butcher or Sundstrom.   Butcher went on to Captian the Blues - one of my favourite players back then.   

Know this team has valuable assets, aside from Horvat.    And expect to see players traded before the end of this season and the following one as well.    Drafting needs to be spot on.   And well a good farm team (which the Sedins efforts seem to be paying dividends on) is also a boon for the future.    It's not all doom and gloom.    Demko back next year 100%, and a better D and team structure ... maybe this will be the only down year.    Hope so anyways.   This team needs playoff reps now.  

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

7 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

True. But he's played like a captain ever since he joined the league. Sure, it wasn't quite apparent to begin with,

however, his entire career, including the SHL, all Petey ever wanted to do was win. He hates losing, period. 

Why do you think he body checks against bigger guys?

He's willing to pay the price and all he wants is to be on a winning team. 

You can't blame him for that, and that's the energy you want leading your team. 

He will get there... But he does not need the burden of the C just yet. He is still rounding out his full game and doesn't need the responsibility of also carrying the team on his back when it's struggling. 

He needs a good mentor like Schenn to carry that load. Move Bo and go the rest of the year with no C, but give Petey an A and let him start to develop into the leadership role.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

the mikheyev injury changes nothing assuming he is ready for training camp (which is the plan)

Unless we trade miller or 2 forwards making over 8 million combined we cannot afford Bo

Hmmmmmm, pacioretty is done for the year, maybe done for good.  Miller would fit in nicely in Carolina!

52 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

That was nice. We know the Hawks and Jackets are at the bottom too but nice to see a full 60-minute game from our guys.

I’d really hate if we move Bo and I really, really would like for him to stay.

It's glaringly obvious, to me, who the core players are.

3 hours ago, x00x said:

Ilya Mikheyev and they aloowed him to play all this fooking time, wtf is wrong with this, now he gone with season ending surgey, fooking nucks are nuts

Yeah it sounds crazy to play with that injury. 

So, less than a week after letting Bruce go, IM gets shut down for the season. The fact that he could play on one leg, and still stand out more than a few other higher profile guys on this team, says more than something about his character. It sounds like it was his decision to play, but I hope his surgery goes well. Once again, any surgery takes time for rehab, especially knees, hips, and abdominal tears.

Edited by johngould21
  • Upvote 1