The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Multiple NHL coaches blame Canucks ownership & Rutherford for Boudreau debacle

Rate this topic

fivethej

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Aqua should sell the team or find another buyer.

But this wasn't misconduct. It was simple ineptitude.

If you had hired Rik Tok, then let Bruce know whats going on. Let him go, and then run with bonehead Mike Yeo until Rik Tok can coach.

Not my circus.

Not my monkeys.

I think Bruce knew.  Likely JR told him.  But Bruce did an interview after he was fired and said he thought he was gone back in October.  Without the owner stopping the change Bruce was gone last summer.  

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The sole problem is Rutherford and Tocchet.  Once they're replaced with men who actually deserve to be treated with respect, I'll support the team again.

With how things are going it might not be too long.  Isn’t JR’s contract up June 2024?  Allvin too.  New guys come in and then Tocchet is in the same boat Bruce was in.  

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Steve Simmons is the Tony Gallagher of Toronto sports media.  Jeff Paterson, Sekeras and Price would all be considered saints compared to this guy.

If anyone actually believes this parasite has any credible sources then I have some real nice swamp land I can sell you in Florida...

Sports, and the storylines around the teams, are like soaps for (mostly) guys. We eat up this craperolla. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

"According to Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun"

Might as well have said "According the the guy on the bus yelling at random people while eating his own belly lint".

Could the rumblings be true? Sure they could but making this dope the messenger is a joke.

^^^^^^

Ok to be critical of Canucks/JR’s treatment of Boudreau, but Simmons isnt exactly a shining example of solid journalism either.  Toronto Sekeres.

I dont deny there are people who dislike how this whole thing was handled, but how far that goes Id take with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The thing is these guys can literally make sh*t up as they get out of bed one day, and nobody can verify anything they say.  It's always, this coach said that, this GM said another thing.  The guys that are actually credible are the ones that break news, interview agents and have a general reputation around the league.  Nobody even likes this Steve Simmons guy, so why would anyone give him inside info or breaking news?  

Even the Toronto players hate this guy and have called him out publicly for his bs...

YUp.  Just like the Soaps.  It’s craperolla.  But fans (especially of other teams) like this stuff. It all helps fuel the interest. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With how things are going it might not be too long.  Isn’t JR’s contract up June 2024?  Allvin too.  New guys come in and then Tocchet is in the same boat Bruce was in.  

Ideally sooner.  JR can do even more damage if he's allowed to stay for the full contact.  I wouldn't be surprised if his lack of professionalism violated some kind of personal conduct clause that would allow for termination without compensation.

• Cheers 1