The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Multiple NHL coaches blame Canucks ownership & Rutherford for Boudreau debacle

Rate this topic

fivethej

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hard not to blame Aquilini after he allowed Rutherford to disgrace the franchise with his continued misconduct.  A sensible owner would have fired JR on the spot for the first offence.

Wow you are back already! What was with the big drama and exit with you saying you were done here? You are much like Francesco!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

Wow you are back already! What was with the big drama and exit with you saying you were done here? You are much like Francesco!

So you don't like being left swinging in the wind for a couple of months?  Funny how that works.  I'm avoiding any nonmanagement threads in CT but driving Rutherford out of town is a civic responsibility for everyone.

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The sole problem is Rutherford and Tocchet.  Once they're replaced with men who actually deserve to be treated with respect, I'll support the team again.

haha, just noticed your new profile pic, too funny.

I do agree that in the press conference both JR and PA gave their best Columbo impersonations acting like they didn't know any better and they learned their lesson and apologized to Bruce.

I call BS to that, any person with a shred of human decency would have known better but these guys are playing dumb..... unless they're not playing......

• Cheers 1

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/coaches-blame-aquilini-boudreau-canucks-debacle

I remember a time when this kind of 'journalism' would have been considered amateurish and

unacceptable for print.  The writer backs up speculation with vague numbers to expand his story to a

far greater proportion than what it deserves. 

The writer (Adam Laskaris) uses Steve Simmons quotes to fortify his story.  The title in itself starts off

this series by using ambiguous numbers to support his speculation.

Here are some quotes from Simmonds' (Toronto Sun) article;

'opposing coaches are reportedly not all that happy';  'NHL coaches around the league have taken

notice about the treatment'; 'The NHL coaching fraternity — and many of them are close — are down

on Jimmy Rutherford'; 'Even friends and former colleagues of Rutherford are having difficulty defending

the club president'; 'More than one current coach is blaming ownership in Vancouver';

'Some coaches insist the NHL should force Aquilini to sell the Canucks' (that one is my favourite).

So, according to Simmonds, there is 'at least more than one coach' to possibly + 50 coaches/friends/

/former colleagues that are'reportedly not happy' with JR dismissal of Boudrea.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I am not worried about what others say about our team. JR fired BB to save his own ass. All it did was extend his life line in the canucks org for another year.

He will be gone during next season.

You heard it here first. 

image.jpeg.0b47d5b1348778614a6c0384c844c66f.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Did Aquilini fire Nonis for refusing to trade two young players (Kessler and Edler) for an aging Brad Richards?  In his recent 650 radio interview it sure sounded that way.  So now we have Seravelli suggesting our owner does meddle in hockey ops too.  And the Simmons article. Yes Aquilini sets the direction.  But it appears he meddles in hockey ops too. And the mess around  Bruce is just another example. 

I’m sorry but I don’t believe the Nonis story. How would Aquilini even know who is available for trade?  He runs several multi billion dollar companies. I highly doubt he logs into CDC every day and checks CapFriendly to determine what players are available for trade and their cap implications. 

The Steve Simmons article is made up bs. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/coaches-blame-aquilini-boudreau-canucks-debacle

I remember a time when this kind of 'journalism' would have been considered amateurish and

unacceptable for print.  The writer backs up speculation with vague numbers to expand his story to a

far greater proportion than what it deserves. 

The writer (Adam Laskaris) uses Steve Simmons quotes to fortify his story.  The title in itself starts off

this series by using ambiguous numbers to support his speculation.

Here are some quotes from Simmonds' (Toronto Sun) article;

'opposing coaches are reportedly not all that happy';  'NHL coaches around the league have taken

notice about the treatment'; 'The NHL coaching fraternity — and many of them are close — are down

on Jimmy Rutherford'; 'Even friends and former colleagues of Rutherford are having difficulty defending

the club president'; 'More than one current coach is blaming ownership in Vancouver';

'Some coaches insist the NHL should force Aquilini to sell the Canucks' (that one is my favourite).

So, according to Simmonds, there is 'at least more than one coach' to possibly + 50 coaches/friends/

/former colleagues that are'reportedly not happy' with JR dismissal of Boudrea.

True. This is the standard for journalism and news these days. It's conjecture and nothing more. No doubt that Rutherfraud is a fool, but this is unsubstantiated trash without names. Simmonds is just another hack in a long line of hacks.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. This is the standard for journalism and news these days. It's conjecture and nothing more. No doubt that Rutherfraud is a fool, but this is unsubstantiated trash without names. Simmonds is just another hack in a long line of hacks.

Yes, a hack who writes articles for the Toronto Sun, which has a huge readership. These 'articles'

can have quite an impression on a population that knows very little about the Canucks. 

12 hours ago, fivethej said:

Burke, asked if he'd be interested in becoming President in Vancouver: "No. I'm out. First of all, the Aquilini family wouldn't hire me. They're no fans of mine."

Shocker, Burkie wouldn't put up with their crap 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes, a hack who writes articles for the Toronto Sun, which has a huge readership. These 'articles'

can have quite an impression on a population that knows very little about the Canucks. 

Well, each person who reads an article should be intelligent enough to do research and get their information from more than one source. That being said, most, if not all, major news outlets are full of crap. 

Good old Steve wreaking havoc with every thought that belches from his brain and madly scribbles down. Let’s remember another of his classics.

No one wants to say this because of the politically correct police and all, but those who coached Akim Aliu must cringe every time they see him in a news report or a commercial talking about what’s wrong with hockey. Like he would know. By my count, Aliu played for 23 teams in nine different leagues in 12 professional seasons and rarely finished any season with the same team he started with. If that was colour-related, how is it that Wayne Simmonds spent just about the same 12 seasons playing in the NHL?

1218DE44-A322-493C-90AE-C5FFBC234CA7.jpeg

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

I am not worried about what others say about our team. JR fired BB to save his own ass. All it did was extend his life line in the canucks org for another year.

He will be gone during next season.

You heard it here first. 

Nah, JR fired BB because he wanted another coach that fitted in JRs plans.

He held onto BB because of FA.

JR wanted to switch coach during the summer.

11 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, JR fired BB because he wanted another coach that fitted in JRs plans.

He held onto BB because of FA.

JR wanted to switch coach during the summer.

Ownership will rinse/repeat if the Canucks fail to make the playoffs next year and once again fire management. Next puppet in line for 2024-25 season.

You heard it here first.