The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, Warhippy said:

team america vomit GIF

This makes Benning managing to get a yuong defensive player young nhl ready .5 ppg centre and an unprotected 1st for a single year of Kesler with a full NTC even more impressive.

Honestly that is absolute trash for Horvat with that much retention :lol:

Bonino, Sbisa and a first is better?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We traded Linden and it was a different management group back then.  Linden was a God at the time, taking us all the way to the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals.  Horvat doesn't come close to Linden in this city.

Linden was traded past his prime. 

Horvat, in his prime. 

Linden gave everything to the team, blood, sweat and tears. 

Horvat, as a Captain, never got the chance because money means more than loyalty. 

This is the world we live in now. 

I wish so many young guns could know what buying a sweater means. 

It meant you live and die with that player and lived and died with the emblem on the front. 

Now it’s just fashion. 

There’s no loyalty left.  

This is modern hockey. 

I’m not even that old! :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

team america vomit GIF

This makes Benning managing to get a yuong defensive player young nhl ready .5 ppg centre and an unprotected 1st for a single year of Kesler with a full NTC even more impressive.

Honestly that is absolute trash for Horvat with that much retention :lol:

Retention doesn't sound as meaningful as you think it does. They are retaining cap for like 4 months. It's not a huge pendulum swing that EA has tricked you into thinking it is.

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

13 - 16 PLZ :)

But honestly maybe them getting 12 and then being even worst next year and having a none lotto protected 2024 would be huge too.

Im open minded

Or they have a great year next year and the pick is a late first.  Again, lottery protected or top protected, sure.  But top 12?

Everyone thinking magically Beauvelier will find some undiscovered offensive potential under Rick the hard a55 Tocchet is kidding themselves.

Hoping for Raty to develop in our program and then blossom under Tocchet as well 

Come on guys.

Guys...come on.

Guys....

Let's hope for the best but...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Everyone thinking magically Beauvelier will find some undiscovered offensive potential under Rick the hard a55 Tocchet is kidding themselves.

Hoping for Raty to develop in our program and then blossom under Tocchet as well 

Come on guys.

Guys...come on.

Guys....

Again, I'm happy with Raty, I think he's going to be good, but there needed to be much better pieces added than they got

Just now, Warhippy said:

Come on guys.

Guys...come on.

Guys....

Pretty sick of management trying on all these projects but I think Beauvelier is more of a camp dump to get Bo to fit. I would have preferred even Cizikas and we retain 50% of Bo but he plays a big roll for them whereas Beau is as useless as Garland.

As good as Raty looks, he himself is a bit of a project too.

Way too many people forget that Horvat was a rental. A RENTAL. 

we got a decent B-prospect that crushed it in the men’s Finnish league. First round pick (I hope it goes to next near unprotected). And a serviceable middle six player. 

We can also flip them as assets to another team as a part of a package for something the isles didn’t want to give up. Maybe an RHD

• Like 1
  • There it is 1