The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Some Canucks fans:

Why doesn't management do anything?

Same Canucks fans after management makes a change:

Why the heck did they do that????

Pretty much.  Even when the value was more than fair and realistic.  Not based off of rumors, hearsay and fans imaginations.

Edited by Metal Face Doom
  • Like 2

Some complaint about them not getting a D prospect, well who was out there with the rumoured teams? Ryker Evans in Seattle, Thomas Harley or Lian Bishcel in Dallas? Someone like Jiricek or Nemec was never happening. Raty was the Isles #1 prospect which is nothing to scoff at.

But the big thing is the 1st, none of those teams can offer as good a draft pick even without the potential unprotected status. A top 15 pick in this draft could be massive, nvm a higher one next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Don’t see why Bo would re-sign there.

He can get just as much or more with actual contenders.

They’re still a flawed team. I don’t see Bo as a player that makes them a non fringe playoff team.

Imagine if the Canucks clear cap and re-sign bo in the summer?

Prospect 

thirdliner 

mid 1st draft 

Can’t help but feel the offers would have increased closer to the TDL.
Don’t see how you sell this deal to EP that we’ll be competitive in 2 years 

best trade chip we had didn’t even address any of the concerns like a decent Dman. 
I guess we got some cap. 
and we “didn’t run out of time”

Deal is just a little under whelming

mik out rest of season 

no more Bo 

brock soon to be gone 

Our total top six 

Kuz Ep miller 

look out Chicago we’re coming for you. 

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I love Bear but come on.

He was barely top 4 in bloody edmonton

Was a scratched 7th d in Carolina

But is our top 4 rhd

Stretching things a bit here no?

We acquired him and he is #4 on our D in ice time. Just wishful thinking

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Some complaint about them not getting a D prospect, well who was out there with the rumoured teams? Ryker Evans in Seattle, Thomas Harley or Lian Bishcel in Dallas? Someone like Jiricek or Nemec was never happening. Raty was the Isles #1 prospect which is nothing to scoff at.

But the big thing is the 1st, none of those teams can offer as good a draft pick even without the potential unprotected status. A top 15 pick in this draft could be massive, nvm a higher one next year.

I prefer a C prospect, but the add on should have been a damn, not a f*cking winger

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Everyone thinking magically Beauvelier will find some undiscovered offensive potential under Rick the hard a55 Tocchet is kidding themselves.

Hoping for Raty to develop in our program and then blossom under Tocchet as well 

Come on guys.

Guys...come on.

Guys....

Let's hope for the best but...

I think its realistic to say:

Beauvillier is faster and better defensively than both Garland and Boeser. With similar offensive potential to what their seasons have been this year at a lower cost.

He also fills a more needed role as a potential PK fixture and could compliment our skilled players better having a better player fix. We aren't tied to his contract for long if things didn't workout.

Raty will spend time in Abby I would think but we will see.

And why not be optimistic on a 20 year old C who lit up Liiga in his D + 1 with a late November birthday? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t see why Bo would re-sign there.

He can get just as much or more with actual contenders.

They’re still a flawed team. I don’t see Bo as a player that makes them a non fringe playoff team.

If Bo doesn’t re-sign there, they got fleeced. They’re best prospect and a middle pick in a deep draft for a rental. A rental for a non-Playoff team LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Linden was traded past his prime. 

Horvat, in his prime. 

Linden gave everything to the team, blood, sweat and tears. 

Horvat, as a Captain, never got the chance because money means more than loyalty. 

This is the world we live in now. 

I wish so many young guns could know what buying a sweater means. 

It meant you live and die with that player and lived and died with the emblem on the front. 

Now it’s just fashion. 

There’s no loyalty left.  

This is modern hockey. 

I’m not even that old! :lol:

I was never sold on Linden, (what if a healthy player took his spot in the final game?), famously posted about it in Canucks talk and was beaten down for it. I was also never sold on Bo being "The Captain", just didn't feel like the right call for the long haul and here we come to see he wasn't. That being said, I am over the top elated that we got Aatu Raty for Bo, along with a First and Beauvillier, a decent enough player in his own right who will likely open up some more points now that he is with the Canucks style of play. 

I am stoked for the trade, stoked for the cap situation not only next year but the year we have to sign Petey...its all lined up now, smooth enough, the wake is behind us now and won't swamp our boat.