The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t believe I single word of it!

It gets even more incredible....

I also don't believe that the league has ever tried to screw that Canucks out of winning....:o

We've been used as scapegoats (Aaron Rome suspension and Cap Recapture) but that's about the extent of it.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I also don't believe that the league has ever tried to screw that Canucks out of winning....:o

We've been used as scapegoats (Aaron Rome suspension and Cap Recapture) but that's about the extent of it.

Luke Skywalker GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Me too !!

Nazlund choked.

No no nazzy didnt choke. McCaw choked. That team needed a goalie that doesn’t cave under pressure in the playoffs. 2003 collapse in the 3rd period doesn’t happen with a better goalie and that team took the Flames to game 7 without Bert in 2004. 

2 hours ago, Furevanucks said:

1932124742_Screenshot_20230131_173644_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d7293b038c2cbcc2bfed88ce5b55b999.jpglol they arent wrong I suppose

Except 1. Raty is 20 years old. Let's see what he has done when he is Bo's age. 2. Anthony could just need a change of scenery. 3. For the third point, let's look at the 3 picks in the 8 years since Bo was picked in spots 13 through 16.

2013: Josh Morrisey, Nikita Zadorov

2014: Dylan Larkin

2015: Jake Debrusk, Mat Barzal

2016: Charlie MacAvoy, Jacob Chychrun

2017: Nick Suzkuki, Cal Foote

There are great picks in those lottery picks before the top 12. 

This trade COULD be an easy win for Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

We would have won the Cup with Rome man. 

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, TeamTurmoil said:

Except 1. Raty is 20 years old. Let's see what he has done when he is Bo's age. 2. Anthony could just need a change of scenery. 3. For the third point, let's look at the 3 picks in the 8 years since Bo was picked in spots 13 through 16.

2013: Josh Morrisey, Nikita Zadorov

2014: Dylan Larkin

2015: Jake Debrusk, Mat Barzal

2016: Charlie MacAvoy, Jacob Chychrun

2017: Nick Suzkuki, Cal Foote

There are great picks in those lottery picks before the top 12. 

This trade COULD be an easy win for Vancouver. 

Was talking about GM JR

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

It's not bad, it's not great, it's just.. good 

Could have done worse, could have done better

If the pick goes to next season and the Isles crater and that results in a top ten pick that changes things 

I tend to agree with this breakdown

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2446408/trade-grades-making-sense-of-the-islanders-canucks-blockbuster

I'm a little confused I see this kind of thing posted once in awhile. Why do people think the Isles are going be bottom 5 next year?

7 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I fully get that Beauvillier was a throw in / cap move for NYI, but I look forward to cheering for him as an underdog to turn it around. Even if the fresh start doesn’t motivate him, next season he’ll be working for his next contract. 

The next Bo?

• Like 1