The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Beauvillier and Mikheyev give us a couple of pretty good two-way top 6 wingers next season. Then you have Kuz and whoever we keep of Boeser and Garland.  

I wonder how much of a dip we’ll see in scoring with Bo out of town.  There’s only one puck and we have plenty of guys who can put it in the net.  Going to be fun to see who steps up.

(Or super frustrating, I guess, if no one does) :frantic:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't know what you mean by that.

I'm guessing Mario Lemieux was a big influence in Sid's decision.

He means Crosby is very superstitious, I beleive he still uses his major junior jock:sick:

17 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Beauvillier and Mikheyev give us a couple of pretty good two-way top 6 wingers next season. Then you have Kuz and whoever we keep of Boeser and Garland.  

I wonder how much of a dip we’ll see in scoring with Bo out of town.  There’s only one puck and we have plenty of guys who can put it in the net.  Going to be fun to see who steps up.

Don't Jinx it! "May the NHL draft be in our favour" :P

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Not sure Beauv is a two-way guy. More of a secondary scorer type guy. Almost 60% O-zone starts. 2nd PP time and no PK time. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not sure Beauv is a two-way guy. More of a secondary scorer type guy. Almost 60% O-zone starts. 2nd PP time and no PK time. 

According to CBSS sports they have him listed for PK time. Not a lot. But some. Horvat smokes him in PK time, but looking at how our PK was doing I don't think that's a good thing.

13 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

He means Crosby is very superstitious, I beleive he still uses his major junior jock:sick:

+18yrs using the same jock has got to be legendary:shock:

13 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Don't Jinx it! "May the NHL draft be in our favour" :P

Top 5 all the way!

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

According to CBSS sports they have him listed for PK time. Not a lot. But some. Horvat smokes him in PK time, but looking at how our PK was doing I don't think that's a good thing.

23 seconds of PK  a game isn't much. Teams usually roll with three PK units that have 6 forwards. He is the 8th forward in PK time the 7th place guy has more than twice as much time per game. 

So he isn't really a part of any PK unit and the ice-time he has is insignificant. Not worth considering he's a PKer. Willing to bet a lot of his PK time comes from being out their as the penalty is expiring and his team is trying to get regular lines out there. 

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't know what you mean by that.

I'm guessing Mario Lemieux was a big influence in Sid's decision.

Crosby is the most superstitious person I know of. The stories are crazy. He signed his 8.7 million contract because it is his number and has something to do with superstition not team friendly.

Edited by FaninMex

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

23 seconds of PK  a game isn't much. Teams usually roll with three PK units that have 6 forwards. He is the 8th forward in PK time the 7th place guy has more than twice as much time per game. 

So he isn't really a part of any PK unit and the ice-time he has is insignificant. Not worth considering he's a PKer. Willing to bet a lot of his PK time comes from being out their as the penalty is expiring and his team is trying to get regular lines out there. 

There are games where he has 2ish minutes as well. I am guessing those are games where they had injuries though.

40 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I heard he was a bit of a puck hound and his career possession numbers are good. I guess we’ll see soon enough!  I hope he doesn’t regress defensively with us like others have. 

15 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

100% - Mikheyev was also playing with a partially torn ACL, he has more to give than he could show this year. At the end of the day, if we switched out Bo for a better defensive two-way player for half as much $$ - that's not a bad thing. 

My hope is that Bo starts off on fire playing with Barzal. The Isles continue to be on the cusp of a playoff spot. Then the wheels start to fall off. Production slows for Bo teams begin to catch Seattle and they end up finishing 13th. Meanwhile the Canucks continue to use their AHL goaltending, Defense is not addressed, but the forwards play well. We get a legit chance at Bedard. Then, as usual, we end up dreaming about next season. GO NUCKS!

oh and a few more moves to clear cap space and get another first rounder. 

if you’re going to dream, dream big. 

• Cheers 3