The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We'll do ok if we draft Dragacevic, Richmond boy & Swedish Axel Sandin Pellikka

Both RHD, Drago a big boy at 6'3''. Pellikka a slick, skilled PMD, ultra calm with the puck, well positioned defensively.  Less dynamic than Hughes, but better in other area's, similar size.  

Both in the wheelhouse, might even be able to trade down for one? Sandin is effectively the top ranked D by most outlets, but only 10 to 17th depending where??? Being top ranked D, will expect he goes higher than his ranking, cough, us...  :ph34r:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/529817/lukas-dragicevic

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/534818/axel-sandin-pellikka

Drago is ok. His skating is meh and doesn't really do anything exceptional.

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Fantilli is the best player not named bedard.   Even the european scouts agree

Michkov has been just slightly under bedard for a few years now.  For awhile they were interchangeable at #1-2.  And Michkov plays in the KHL, and is playing pretty well for a 17 year old.

44 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Bedard as our 2c?  

I think it needs more experience in top 9 for sure.  But imagine that raty, hogz, podz line in a few yrs.  Can b a force

I wasn't commenting on Bedard (still small odds of getting hiim anyway).  As a whole though, that line-up is not good.  Podz and Hogz so far have been underwhelming.  Not that I'm worried about them at this point but it's tough to get excited about what they'll be like in the future when neither are tracking in a way that would make us contenders.  Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

To what end?  Keep in mind, that was my job in Jr, so I like that style of hockey.  It's just not a part of the game anymore and you can't afford to risk W's.

Yeah I get it. It wasn't completely mine, but I also always stood up for my team, 

and anyone doing something like that is going to pay. 

The other thing besides the W's is, by allowing the rat or any other Bruin to 

do that without standing up to it, empowers them. 

It's like life, you've got to stand up to anything that's trying to abuse you or anyone. 

The rat deserved to be exterminated. Period. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

It's just as possible to end up with a 20+ pick next season.  

Dealing with a team at the top, you'd get a lower pick, but you'd balance that with better pieces with it........and not take on a $4m cap hit for two seasons for a redundant winger

Exactly. 

That 1st is a piece of crap compared to Bo’s longevity and his production. 

What’s the pint on trading for a middle 1st? 

Most middle 1sts are just literally Lottto Max. 

Just now, BarnBurner said:

More than likely, yeah. But SS is right, that you have to stand up for each other. 

It doesn't mean that you're the Broad Street Bullies, but you can't allow others to 

take liberties on your teammates/star players. Period. 

I grew up that way, and I would still play that way. 

Horvat wasn't the only guy that would stand pat. Miller is at fault,  Joshua, Myers, Lazar. Guys you expect to do something.

Only real guy we had that does anything is Schenn and Burroughs(to an extent) and the only one before that was MacEwen. 

Once in a blue moon you see the regulars stand up but you usually see more bite from AHL guys stepping in or extra D then our regular players.

The captaincy isn't gonna change any of that unfortunately. 

• There it is 4

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This thread hit 100 pages in 5.5 hours.

This is now the fastest thread to hit 100 pages in CDC history.

Previously, it was the Shinkaruk/Granlund trade thread (100 pages in 8 hours).

I wonder how fast we would get to 100 pages if Petey was traded next week...   

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

I wasn't commenting on Bedard (still small odds of getting hiim anyway).  As a whole though, that line-up is not good.  Podz and Hogz so far have been underwhelming.  Not that I'm worried about them at this point but it's tough to get excited about what they'll be like in the future when neither are tracking in a way that would make us contenders.  Time will tell.

Podz and hogz are playing very well in Abby.  Their children confidence is growing by the game

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Dealing with a team at the top, you'd get a lower pick, but you'd balance that with better pieces with it........and not take on a $4m cap hit for two seasons for a redundant winger

So what’s the return you would have been happy with?  

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

They might. But the contenders will only have late first round picks to trade. So how good could the flip really be ?

Yea that would be a bad look. I think Lou is too stubborn for that.

For a month of Bo they trade a 13-15 pick and their best prospect only to get a 26-32 pick back and maybe an equal prospect?

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So we win the 2023 draft lottery.  Not too much to ask really.  Here is what we can look forward to:

Kuzmenko    Pettersson    Mikheyev

Miller            Bedard          Klimovich

Hoglander    Raty              Podkolzin

Joshua         Aman            Lazar

That's not bad I think.  Add a little more sandpaper in the bottom 6 and I think we are good to go.

As for the defence, only God knows how we will fix that...

Wouldn't surprise me if JR tries to spend the protected first in a deal for defensive help

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Exactly. 

That 1st is a piece of crap compared to Bo’s longevity and his production. 

What’s the pint on trading for a middle 1st? 

Most middle 1sts are just literally Lottto Max. 

Up until a few hours ago, all people could complain about was drafting in the middle

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Pretty much every team that would have been in on horvat would have required us to take back cap. Welcome to the flat cap world.

• There it is 1