The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

25 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I've said it before that I don't hate Bo, but there's no friggin' way that I'm paying $8.5 mil a year x 8 years for a guy who's going to average around 55 points a year. At most, he's a $6 - 7 mil a year player. 

Spin it any way you want, but as his points dry up, NYI fans are not going to be happy paying him that amount. 

His only saving grace? He better lead them to the promised land. 

Problem is he was having a career year under an offensive coach, so 8.5M is worth the scoring rate he was producing at. Everyone here knows it wasn't sustainable but ho hum the Isles didn't. 

If we were really clever we would have resigned him a year or two ago to a 6-7M deal long term but left it too late.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Was total trash for him to say what he did....unnecessary. Don't let the door hit ya.

He can suck it, Miller's twice the deal he is. In fact, some of Bo's goals were simply him waiting in the slot as Miller did the work and then set up him for a one timer.

He did not go to bat for his teammates and now he's all smug and swarmy. Take a hike. 

Typical eastern Canadian. Bye Bolecia

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Problem is he was having a career year under an offensive coach, so 8.5M is worth the scoring rate he was producing at. Everyone here knows it wasn't sustainable but ho hum the Isles didn't. 

If we were really clever we would have resigned him a year or two ago to a 6-7M deal long term but left it too late.

First of all, based on his scoring rate this year, it's his contract year. 

There's no way in hell he's going to maintain that, especially on that team. He's a 30 goal scorer, around 55-60 points on average. 

Secondly, based on his interview last night, I wouldn't want him on this team, no matter the cost.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Was total trash for him to say what he did....unnecessary. Don't let the door hit ya.

He can suck it, Miller's twice the deal he is. In fact, some of Bo's goals were simply him waiting in the slot as Miller did the work and then set up him for a one timer.

He did not go to bat for his teammates and now he's all smug and swarmy. Take a hike. 

No kidding. And to think I was standing up for the guy the other day. 

What a pissy thing for him to say. But at least we know what an ungrateful POS he is. 

He owes this city and fans an apology. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

He's not wrong about the fans here.  We're awful.

But to crap on the city and the fans that supported a decade of failure is just classless.  Especially looking at our record post Horvat and seeing were one of the top 6 teams in the entire league since the trade.

It really makes it look like Bo was in fact part of the anchor/player issue and nothing would make me happier than seeing him and his contract wink back to the 60 point average player he is and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future like most expect from the Islanders with more issues with cap and a lack of prospects and depth than we have 

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

No kidding. And to think I was standing up for the guy the other day. 

What a pissy thing for him to say. But at least we know what an ungrateful POS he is. 

He owes this city and fans an apology. 

Well the funny thing is the more of a fuss we make about a fairly minor comment for the home fans in New York...the more we kind of do his work and make his point for him.

Hey man...too bad he didn't seem to like his time here.  Happy trails Bo.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Well the funny thing is the more of a fuss we make about a fairly minor comment for the home fans in New York...the more we kind of do his work and make his point for him.

Hey man...too bad he didn't seem to like his time here.  Happy trails Bo.

Thing is, I never was satisfied with how he turned a blind eye when our guys were being mugged. Casually skated off.

I know the comparison was that Linden didn't fight but Linden crawled on his hands and knees with broken ribs for this team. He was all in.

It was fairly minor but also hugely revealing. Bo is about Bo and maybe that was more of an issue in the room than we knew. The fact that he chased the $$ and is now throwing us under the bus? To get "likes" from his new fans? Real captains don't need to do that...their play will be enough. I'm pissed...I supported this guy fully/completely. And, as a fan, he's making a point that we're just putting the exclamation mark on.

You can be happy to be in a new home without trashing where you have been. A place that really helped you get there.

I am SO happy management saw that the right/first choice was Miller. A guy who wants to be here and it shows. A guy happy to set others up and celebrates their goals more than his own. Something to that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Thing is, I never was satisfied with how he turned a blind eye when our guys were being mugged. Casually skated off.

I know the comparison was that Linden didn't fight but Linden crawled on his hands and knees with broken ribs for this team. He was all in.

It was fairly minor but also hugely revealing. Bo is about Bo and maybe that was more of an issue in the room than we knew. The fact that he chased the $$ and is now throwing us under the bus? To get "likes" from his new fans? Real captains don't need to do that...their play will be enough. I'm pissed...I supported this guy fully/completely. And, as a fan, he's making a point that we're just putting the exclamation mark on.

You can be happy to be somewhere else without trashing where you have been. A place that really helped you get there.

Linden didn't fight...but it wasn't because he was afraid or even reluctant...he was just so damn bad at it that it would demoralize the team if he did.  Aside from that he hit guys through the glass.  Now of course he wasn't sending guys flying like Eric Lindros did every game but he played a physical game and he was also a vocal leader.  He would get on Pavel Bure for dogging it in practice.

Bo's comment in New York is actually kind of weird.  It almost seems desperate and pathetic like he's trying to score points since he is performing well below expectations in scoring goals.

Anyway, I can sympathize.  I was never a huge Horvat supporter - didn't criticize him either, just wasn't that invested in him - but if I had been, I would probably take what he said kind of personal.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1