The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

There not comparable but Hronek is looking for comparable money, that is why he became available. 
Beau is already overpaid. He is an 18-22 goal small speedy winger that doesn’t kill penalties and may get on second power play. That is a $2M player in my books.
He should be on the trade block at this time anyway. We can’t pay another small mid six winger that kind of money especially when our most ready prospect is a small mid six winger that needs his spot. 

unfortunately the average player salary is approximately 3.5m, is he a below average player? maybe, perhaps not. his point totals are similar  to Tanner Pearson who is signed at a fair 3.250.(i agree 4+ is too much)

Beauvillier 488gp 228pts

Pearson 590gp 272pts

102gp difference/ 44pts difference 

After the horvat trade I remember discussing potentially pumping his tires and flipping him at the 2024 nhl trade deadline/retain %50 and perhaps he could net the Canucks another late 1st rounder+ should the team be out of the playoff race.

• Cheers 1

Ryan Johansen is a decent comparable. Career high 71 points plus a 61 and 63 point season. 24 when he signed his deal though (8x8).

Bo at 70 points this year, one 61 point season prior. I think he is a guy whose salary should start with a 6 - maybe 6.8, so definitely over paid but not awful. I’d consider Bo a 60 point player.

A lot of people were upset thinking  Miller cashed in big for a 99 point season but a 99 point player usually gets 11+. We are paying Miller to be a 70-75 point player at 8 million 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

nhl.com sucks, the league hasn't invested squat into their online platforms. The website hasn't been updated in years which is why when you go on it you feel like you are running dial-up internet. They also don't update the player's positions which is where you might get misled into believing that Huberdeau is a Center when has been playing LW his whole career. Point being don't trust anything that you read on there, unless you can find a more reliable source that can corroborate.

Thanks, couldn't agree more.

i used https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/ to compare c/ salary/ 2023/24 season.

also didnt check Huberdeau position unfortunately, i just checked his point total last year to be accurate when comparing contract years of Huberdeau vs Horvat.(i didn't bring Huberdeau into the conversation)

cheers!

12 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

unfortunately the average player salary is approximately 3.5m, is he a below average player? maybe, perhaps not. his point totals are similar  to Tanner Pearson who is signed at a fair 3.250.(i agree 4+ is too much)

Beauvillier 488gp 228pts

Pearson 590gp 272pts

102gp difference/ 44pts difference 

After the horvat trade I remember discussing potentially pumping his tires and flipping him at the 2024 nhl trade deadline/retain %50 and perhaps he could net the Canucks another late 1st rounder+ should the team be out of the playoff race.

Pearson is solid defensively and goes to the net and has good size. He also had more years, success and playoff experience. 
Be lucky to get a late second for Beau and would happily take that and run.  
Not much of a market for small wingers who don’t score much outside of  Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

do you understand during huberdeau during his contract year had 115pts?

do you understand during horvats contract year he might hit 70 pts?

45pt difference costs 2m?

Huberdeau was a legit #1 center

Horvat is a 2b center and is paid as a 2a+ center

is horvat better than Miller or Petey? no, so he shouldnt be paid more.

Horvat will be making the same aav as Stamkos, Zibanejad, Forsberg

stamkos 1,055pts in 1,001 gp

Zibanejad 605pts in 766gp

Forsberg 511pts in 616gp

Horvat 436pts in 650gp

bad contract is still a bad contract no matter how you hard you argue otherwise. 

Huberdeau is not a legit #1 center, not even close to it. He played wing last year for Florida, and wing this year for Calgary. Last year was a crazy outlier for him on an offensive juggernaut of a team. He has 55 points this year playing as a winger, and I doubt it's going to get much better for him. That is a truly awful contract. Bo is a bit overpaid, but nowhere near as badly as Huberdeau.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Long Island Fans at end of next Season :

A8AC7E7D-F84F-4F02-AE00-BCB37E9F387F.thumb.jpeg.eddb0a8f21783c4ab984bac1dbd1c850.jpeg

The beauty of the Bo trade was multi level. First we removed the elephant from the room. Next we dodged a toxic contract. Add to that we ended up with Hronek (an elite right shot D to carry our second pairing) New Beau (a younger top six winger) and Raty (a high end prospect who is already better defensively than Bo) and this trade is a massive win for us! 
Allvin and JR knew exactly what they were dining managing Miller and Bo. Very smart team building. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The beauty of the Bo trade was multi level. First we removed the elephant from the room. Next we dodged a toxic contract. Add to that we ended up with Hronek (an elite right shot D to carry our second pairing) New Beau (a younger top six winger) and Raty (a high end prospect who is already better defensively than Bo) and this trade is a massive win for us! 
Allvin and JR knew exactly what they were dining managing Miller and Bo. Very smart team building. 

Hronek is 16th in scoring for RHD and Bo is 26th in scoring for LHC.

Looking at defensive impact, Hronek was 73% WAR and 97% PK to Bo 26% and 37% PK. So Hronek is arguably much better defensively for his position than Horvat. Also a great PKer Vs a below average one. 

Hronek will play 4 minutes more per game. He is making half the amount next year. 

Hronek for Horvat straight up is a bit of a steal. Raty is a fantastic prospect and Beau putting up 1st line scoring makes this highway robbery.

If we move Beau for a 2nd - we basically got the better player, a good prospect and a pick. 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the Horvat trade was good value but you are selling hard for our side. 
You are judging Beau purely on a hot streak after a trade while playing with Pettey. Tocchet has said he doesn’t see much in his game that he likes and has moved him down the lineup. Right now he is sitting in bottom six and seems to be another small winger that is somewhat overpaid and doesn’t really produce that well. That spot should go to Hoglander and he should be moved to try to recoup some pics traded for Hronek and some cap space. 
Hronek will have missed half a season, hopefully is fully healthy and is looking for big money on a contract. He may very well do what BO and JT both did, abandon D and focus on running up the numbers so you can cash in.  Great for them but has not brought success to the team. 
Ratu is a good prospect. Not elite but good. 
Overall a very good return for Bo.  Don’t need to make it sound like we won the lottery.  
Lots of work do yet and the cap mess is terrible.  Hopefully they have better luck moving out some players and clearing some space without mortgaging the future. 
My money is on them mortgaging the future though. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Hronek is 16th in scoring for RHD and Bo is 26th in scoring for LHC.

Looking at defensive impact, Hronek was 73% WAR and 97% PK to Bo 26% and 37% PK. So Hronek is arguably much better defensively for his position than Horvat. Also a great PKer Vs a below average one. 

Hronek will play 4 minutes more per game. He is making half the amount next year. 

Hronek for Horvat straight up is a bit of a steal. Raty is a fantastic prospect and Beau putting up 1st line scoring makes this highway robbery.

If we move Beau for a 2nd - we basically got the better player, a good prospect and a pick. 

I’d keep Beau over Boeser or Pearson ( LTIR)

Id target a player like B Ritchie , UFA .

I think Ritchie could be a better player than what he is with the right opportunity.

27 years, 2.5m  .. free agent in the Summer.

Id also look for other FA ‘s with that caliber of grit and potential without going passed 3.5 m.

Be good to get a healthy Mihkey back next season,.  He must be weeks into recovery now,  possibly skating.??

This is a weird playoff race where the only team I actually care making it is the Panthers. Pens didn't pony up for Miller or Boeser and I am not against Horvat missing the playoffs for lols. But alas, one of these two have to make it. Possibly both depending on that Panthers game. Looking at these teams though, it's not like either stand to go on much of a run. Isles couldn't score a powerplay goal on me and the Pens are a rollercoaster.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

This is a weird playoff race where the only team I actually care making it is the Panthers. Pens didn't pony up for Miller or Boeser and I am not against Horvat missing the playoffs for lols. But alas, one of these two have to make it. Possibly both depending on that Panthers game. Looking at these teams though, it's not like either stand to go on much of a run. Isles couldn't score a powerplay goal on me and the Pens are a rollercoaster.

Why the Panthers of all teams?