The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday, February 25/2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins - 4pm PT/7pm ET - Da Garage (Yes, I like dis name da best - an oldie but goodie)

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

14 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

why the 4pm start time? 

I thought that only the maple laffs had that kind of pull

That’s the power of Scotiabank, who help decide the schedule. They sponsor all but two of the Canadian NHL clubs - Canucks and Sens are on the outs. Flames is Scotia sponsored and they get the spotlight to themselves on the second billing tonight. Sens (non Scotia) vs Habs and Canucks (non Scotia) vs Bruins have to share the coast to coast audience in early game.

18 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

why the 4pm start time? 

I thought that only the maple laffs had that kind of pull

Are you kidding, would the NHL pass over an opportunity to embarrass us during Eastern time zone prime viewing slot....never?

16 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Are you kidding, would the NHL pass over an opportunity to embarrass us during Eastern time zone prime viewing slot....never?

It's Scotiabank power. Calgary Flames = Scotiabank Saddledome. Ever wonder why Flames have got way more CBC HNIC games than us the past few years? They don't have a bigger fan base. It's because of Scotiabank.   The Maple Leafs and their Scotibank arena are not in action tonight for the first timeslot, so it's less important. They've coupled the Sens game and Canucks game (non-Scotiabank sponsored) to split that first timeslot, while Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary gets the spotlight this evening. Welcome to Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada.

Edited by Slegr
  • Thanks 1

Burroughs needs to beat the shit out of Greer now that Schenn isn’t here. Greer fighting and boasted beating up a 21 year old kid is hilarious.

Would love for us to call up Arseneau. I’d much rather have him than Joshua.

• Cheers 2

Your GDT brought back a lot of memories of watching Canucks in the 70s and 80s. My beer league team in Vernon wore the Boston Bruins colours back then. Still one of my favourite unis.

The Cam Neely trade still affects the Canucks to this day. Team president of the Bruins still sets the tone for that very successful franchise. 

Tonight the Canucks will play hard, but the Bruins take this one 5-3.

• Cheers 1