The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol.

Im not really understating that math.

A fringe NHL prospect and a 7th doesn’t equal a 2nd round pick. No one’s giving anything close to that for Lockwood and the 7th is a nothing pick.

Sure about that?  Maybe there's a incredible bumper crop of 15 year olds right now.

:bigblush:

• Haha 2

Just now, ABNuck said:

It's about time. I have wanted Kravy for a while now...very happy with this acquisition.

I would agree. I wanted him since last year. I'm hoping he really turns it around and turns into  a really good player for us.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't really have an issue with the trade, but do.yiu think VK plays a more physical game than WL?

Doesn’t really matter as it’s unlikely Lockwood will be able to stay healthy playing the way he does. Hes like a more injury prone Motte.

I want more physicality in the lineup, but I want it in the form of 6’3” 200+ pound wingers. Kravstov can still develop into a top 9 physical scorer if they get his game back on track.

• Vintage 1

Buy-low on another Beauvillier type project?  I like it (though the pending RFA status would be a bit of a gamble in case he doesn't heat up in the next little while).  
Then again, if we're bottoming out I hope we trade some of Boeser/ Garland, then bring up Hoglander and Kravtsov, play them in the middle 6 with Mikheyev and Podkolzin and restock the wings, then somehow find a fix for the centers (Raty?).

Just now, DeNiro said:

Doesn’t really matter as it’s unlikely Lockwood will be able to stay healthy playing the way he does. Hes like a more injury prone Motte.

I want more physicality in the lineup, but I want it in the form of 6’3” 200+ pound wingers. Kravstov can still develop into a top 9 physical scorer if they get his game back on track.

Physical top 9 forward that doesn't hit. Sounds about right.