The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Lockwood was drafted early in the 3rd round, and we gave up a 7th rounder. Pretty much a 2nd round pick value. Lol. But whatever, keep thinking about Benning in 2023. Weirdo.

Given that Benning's stench still lingers over team's main issues, it's hard not to.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Doesn’t really matter as it’s unlikely Lockwood will be able to stay healthy playing the way he does. Hes like a more injury prone Motte.

I want more physicality in the lineup, but I want it in the form of 6’3” 200+ pound wingers. Kravstov can still develop into a top 9 physical scorer if they get his game back on track.

No argument about WL, I've been saying that since his college days 

VK isn't physical at all is he?  I think it's a reasonable risk, but it seems like a redundant move.......more wingers?

• Vintage 1

I like Lockwood, but have been worried about his ability to survive the NHL since long before we signed him. Never questioned his skill level, but he can't seem to stay healthy long enough to really settle in.

7th in 2026? There we go, mortgaging the future again....  ;)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

And with that, the last player from our 2016 draft class is gone.

But I'm hopeful Kravtsov could turn it around for us.

But Benning was a draft god lololololololololololololol.

this seems like a trade for the sake of a trade. A Change of scenery for both guys. 

I like Krav size so it looks like they want to add size and speed 

so that’s good never liked Jb Mighty Mouse teams. 

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Physical top 9 forward that doesn't hit. Sounds about right.

Clearly his development was rushed and he hasn’t found a place in New York. Gallant has proven he doesn’t have much time for young players who aren’t ready.

From the scouting reports I’ve read he does play an aggressive game. He’s got the size to play that way he just needs more development and coaching.

• Upvote 1