The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Like this trade.

Lockwood was pretty solid in his role. Kravtsov obviously has the higher potential though.

Agree.  In the past we'd have been giving up a 2nd.  Chances are neither player makes a huge impact from this trade, but the Canucks are getting the player with a higher pedigree/ceiling.

Good luck to Lockwood, he was a soldier for this organization.  Being American, I'm sure he's happy with this trade too.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Absolutely love this acquisition.

liked Lockwood but at best he could have become a Motte and he never showed the offensive finish that motte had shown throughout his career 

really good project, love the tools the size and we have an interesting Russian core here now.

if coaching staff works well with him and he has a big summer and he’s committed to his development he could become a really valuable complimentary top 9 winger 

Edited by R3aL
  • Like 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That doesn’t mean he’s held that value.

Also this isn’t math, it’s you trying to equate value that isn’t real.

Exactly otherwise it would have costed us a top 10 pick to get him. I like the trade a lot. Very happy!

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

Not sure why you have Kravtsov as a C. He's taken 5 faceoffs in his NHL career and lost all of them.

Thought was drafted as a C. May have converted to wing. Man ruining first time have said something nice about this management group in a long time. 

Lockwood will be a group VI UFA at the end of the season - ie Vancouver was going to lose his rights at the end of this season.  So probably just to make the contract spots work re the 50 contract limit.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Especially since we're getting forwards who are defensively responsible. Brock might want to work on transitioning to a 2 way forward.

Is Kravtsov defensively responsible though? His blocks, hits and takeaways are pretty middling and he has 57% ozone deployment. Sounds exactly like Pod. Not bad defensively, but I wouldn't call them defensively responsible. Admittedly I have not really watched him play. But if he was good defensively I imagine they don't replace him with Motter. I dunno, I am happy to have him, I don't think he is much of what we don't already have though. He's another reclamation project management hopes to cheat the rebuild on. We have 30 one way wingers looking for a chance. One of them has to break out. Right?

• Like 1