The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

31 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

If it's true that Miller's being scratched for trade-related-reasons tomorrow, then I wonder what our lineup tomorrow looks like in Dallas.

Kuz - Petey - Beau 

Garland - Raty - Boeser (see what the kid can do?) 

Podz - Dries - Kravtsov 

Joshua - Aman - Studnicka 

Hughes - Burroughs 

Wolanin - Myers 

Breezer - Juulsen

PP1

Kuz - Dries - Beau

Hughes - Petey 

PP2

Podz/Kravtsov - Raty - Garland 

Boeser - Wolanin 

Man, our lineup is looking depleted. 

Lol Miller isn’t being scratched.

That was someone responding to the rumour that Millers name has come up in trade talks means nothing.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That was someone responding to the rumour that Millers name has come up in trade talks means nothing.

The first account to mention his name is bubbling up seems legit.  She writes for the Athletic and doesn’t seem to post for pure silliness… but it’s just a “name is out there” post, which makes sense. 

No reason to believe he’s going to be sitting out tomorrow night.

12 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

The first account to mention his name is bubbling up seems legit.  She writes for the Athletic and doesn’t seem to post for pure silliness… but it’s just a “name is out there” post, which makes sense. 

No reason to believe he’s going to be sitting out tomorrow night.

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t be too sure, she broke the Meier trade first. 

5 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

I agree she’s a legit source.  Just that she’s not saying anything yet, though.  

Just that his name is coming up and a vague comment about maaaaybe sitting out.  

It’s entertaining to think about (I’ve been on about Miller to Carolina for a year now) but this isn’t a declaration just yet.

It does make sense though.  Miller has a fabulous, versatile skill set and has been playing a lot better under Tocchet - like he did last year.  Teams SHOULD want him.  (Us included!)

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I agree she’s a legit source.  Just that she’s not saying anything yet, though.  

Just that his name is coming up and a vague comment about maaaaybe sitting out.  

It’s entertaining to think about (I’ve been on about Miller to Carolina for a year now) but this isn’t a declaration just yet.

It does make sense though.  Miller has a fabulous, versatile skill set and has been playing a lot better under Tocchet - like he did last year.  Teams SHOULD want him.  (Us included!)

I made a post in the Miller trade thread, but the upcoming UFA market is going to be really barren outside of guys like Toews and Larkin, the latter I see re-signing with Detroit or the team he’s dealt to. Every team would give JT 7x8 after last season, so he has value around the league as an extended sign-and-trade type of situation. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

I made a post in the Miller trade thread, but the upcoming UFA market is going to be really barren outside of guys like Toews and Larkin, the latter I see re-signing with Detroit or the team he’s dealt to. Every team would give JT 7x8 after last season, so he has value around the league as an extended sign-and-trade type of situation. 

I’ve looked at that, too. It should be good for trade interest.  

If we do move Miller I hope we make a trade *somewhere* for an nhl ready C so we don’t have to roll Dries out as 2C next year.

Edited by ilduce39

9 hours ago, The Lock said:

I literally said in the post you replied to that it isn't a big sample size. It's also still at least some production coming from a rookie on a stacked NYR team (meaning he likely wouldn't be getting the most minutes).

The point I'm making is, even with what you're saying, it's still better than Lockwood at this point. That's really the entire point behind my post and why I would choose Kravtsov over Lockwood.

haha. i was just agreeing with the statement that Kratsov's stats is a small size. I'm curious with him being in the line up (I'm assuming tomorrow night) with little to not practice time with the team. First impressions will be interesting. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I’ve looked at that, too.  If we do move Miller I hope we make a trade *somewhere* for an nhl ready C so we don’t have to roll Dries out as 2C next year.

Yeah, we'd have to get a young C, ready to compete in the league for Miller, and a 1st to go along with that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

She’s asking a question not saying she has any reliable info on him being scratched.

A name being out there in trade discussions and a team looking to trade a player or a deal being close are two completely different things.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

She’s asking a question not saying she has any reliable info on him being scratched.

A name being out there in trade discussions and a team looking to trade a player or a deal being close are two completely different things.

Also, it would be reckless for them to scratch Miller unless they were 99% certain they have a deal in place, because that scratch would cause an absolute sh*t storm in this marketplace, and if the trade fell through, that could be a big black cloud hanging over the already very “passionate” Miller for next several years. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Kravtsov slotting into the lineup tomorrow? Probably, cause I work and I never get to catch the interesting things.

ah, just follow the commentary on here. It's probably more exciting than watching the actual game :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JC2 said:

I think supporting the defense is more about the system than the players. It's up to the coaching staff to make the players accountable to play better defensively which is was one Boudreau's faults. He was a great motivator but not a great systems coach. Sure it's also on the players to put in the effort but as they say defense can be taught.

Well what I've noticed is how badly our forwards positioning is and how almost the whole team hesitates instead of making a quick pass to whoever is closest and open, we lose so much luck possession time to it that it's always a uphill battle.

I noticed it the most under TG when it was almost automatic to hold onto the puck looking for a stretch pass that backfired by coughing up the puck and teams getting a quality shot or a goal against us. 

It still happens a lot but just not as much as before but something we need to work on. 

And I'd say a system is only as good as the execution but the answer we need lies in speed, size, and work.

We had that in 94 and 2012 but not enough depth for it, now we're struggling to get back to that but same applies, no depth, no getting anywhere and I'm tired of going down that road and watching the same ole... 

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

haha. i was just agreeing with the statement that Kratsov's stats is a small size. I'm curious with him being in the line up (I'm assuming tomorrow night) with little to not practice time with the team. First impressions will be interesting. 

That's fair. I must have misread your reply then. I'm good at that at times. Everyone has to be good at something right? ::D

Edited by The Lock
  • There it is 1

6 hours ago, McBackup said:

Miller as a "potential" TDL acquisition has been floating around since before Boudreau was fired. Until serious talks start I'm just going to take it all as speculation.

Well, he's "out of the lineup" for a week.  Let the games begin!