The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Tanner Jeannot to Lightning for Cal Foote, 2025 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2023 4th-round pick, 2023 5th-round pick

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

We should all talk about how bad the Horvat trade is now :frantic:

On the other hand if Canucks play their cards right the return for Schenn and Beauviller could be huge :emot-parrot:

This doesn’t change that we got a good return on Horvat in the slightest.

The best piece in either of these trades is the Isles pick. Highest odds of equaling an actual NHLer.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, aGENT said:

Thanks guys. It's definitely an overpayment/Nashville did well, but they got another "Hagel" on a cheap deal that requires next to no cap maneuvering.

And people here overrate Foote.

Foote is overrated, and I believe is out of waiver eligible years. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 2

Just now, aGENT said:

Thanks guys. It's definitely an overpayment/Nashville did well, but they got another "Hagel" on a cheap deal that requires next to no cap maneuvering.

Foote is a throw in.

I would liked to trade Schenn for him, but I doubt Nashville sees him as more than a depth placeholder level player.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Because every third is gonna equal those players right?

Sure it could be the next Lidstrom. But 99 times out of 100 it’s not.

Tampa can afford to gamble that a late third isn’t going to bite them. In the end I bet you Nashville gets one roster player (outside of Foote) from this.

No, but they traded their 2023, 2024 and 2025 1st's and their 2023, 2024 2nd's and their 2023 3rd.  You don't think there are a few NHL players that will come out from those picks?

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tampa Bay traded their 2023 1st and don't have another one until 2026.  They also don't have a 2nd until 2025...

My mistake I forgot the Hagel pick was this years.

Clearly they’re not focused on picks right now. Sure it might come back to bite them but their window is now and if it means having a decade of sucking I’m sure they’re fine with it if they can get that 4th cup.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I doubt TB is too worried about 5+ years from now, they know they have a short window left with this team.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, but they traded their 2023, 2024 and 2025 1st's and their 2023, 2024 2nd's and their 2023 3rd.  You don't think there are a few NHL players that will come out from those picks?

Sure but those other firsts are part of other deals.

I would say odds are one or two NHL players come from those picks. Might be a star or might just be depth players. Time will tell.

I don’t think Tampa really cares though. Their focus is 100% on winning a cup in the next few years. And they’ve still got the roster to do it.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

My mistake I forgot the Hagel pick was this years.

Clearly they’re not focused on picks right now. Sure it might come back to bite them but their window is now and if it means having a decade of sucking I’m sure they’re fine with it if they can get that 4th cup.

Tampa Bay is ALL IN.  They have traded all their top picks for the next 3 years and also have like 7 guys with massive long term contracts, so their cap space is also limited over the next several years.  This is their year.  If they don't do it, then yeah they are probably looking at being competitive for a bit and then going into full rebuild mode in 3-4 years...

• Cheers 2

Hang on, I feel like everyone here is overrating Cal Foote.  

I get that he was highly touted and has the family name...  but it's been 6 years since he was drafted and he hasn't set the league on fire.  Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hang on, I feel like everyone here is overrating Cal Foote.  

I get that he was highly touted and has the family name...  but it's been 6 years since he was drafted and he hasn't set the league on fire.  Am I missing something?

It's Tanner Jeannerot

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Traded 2025 - 1st = 20--22nd  O/A

2024 - 2nd -- so like  a  50th pick

2023  3rd so 80th  O/A--     4th like 110th   O/A--     5th rounder

55 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Jeannot has a cheap contract TB loves that! The best teams in the league are the teams with the most bargains seeing as almost everyone spends to the cap.

this is why the return for Kuzmenko would have been excellent. 

The idiocy of not trading Kuzmenko just keeps becoming more evident, as if it wasn't clear enough before. This management team literally doesn't get it.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1