The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Feb 27 2023 - Canucks@ Stars - 5:30PT/8:30ET - AAC - FAREWELL TC STILLMAN

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Told ya all what was going to happen with the penalties. The cheating refs have called us for three in a row this period. And of course are ignoring the ones the Stars are doing. “Game management” by cheaters in an ugly city with ugly fans abs a joke of a football team. 

Cheating. 

The Gaglardi-group is more highly-favoured by the NHL’s high powered insiders….over the Aquilinis. No doubt about that! 

If refs can be planted with any bias to favour one team over another….VAN/Canucks would definitely NOT be offered that kind of….”special consideration” or “benefit”. 

Edited by viking mama

Really hope the team isn't going to try and ride Demko too hard to finish this season, especially if this is the kind of workload the team's gonna give him every night. Heck play him every other game. No reason to risk another injury because trying to play in these kind of games day in day out could definitely set him back again.

Demko is being showcased, and there are teams that would give their first born for a star goalie on a great contract.  If a team like Buffalo were to trade for Demko it would cost them but they’d be pretty set and a top contender to win a cup.  I don’t know if they have what it takes to make a trade happen tho

Edited by Pure961089

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Pretty intense for a Monday night game vs a non playoff team. Dallas obviously doesn't want to be embarrassed.

The cheating refs obviously don’t want Dallas to be embarrassed. We are going to win this game! Screw you tsnkers! 

45 minutes ago, brilac said:

What about the American hockey players playing a Canadian team and living in Canada. Do they pay takes to both countries since they are American, and the USA is one of those countries that wants your $$$ if you are a citizen. 

As they're working in a foreign country, I'm sure that they don't get taxed on income that isn't earned in the US.

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I wouldn’t convince yourself we are fine with Silovs as a defined back up role. Ppl did that with Martin and his short sample size and look what happened. 

we are at least 1 G, 3 D, and 2-3 F away from even being a one and done playoff club. That’s almost 1/3 of the roster.

It’s a lot of turnover, with a few speed bumps, but at least we are moving forward that way. 

We can easily find a veteran goalie in free agency to be Demko’s backup for a year or two.  Why do you think we need 2-3 more forwards?  We have an excess of forwards if anything plus some good young forwards on the way up.  Plus most likely we get a good forward with our 2023 1st.

3-4 Dmen yes.  I am 90% certain OEL will get bought out in the summer. Myers will also be traded. Stillman is gone. Burroughs will also be gone. Schenn will probably come back to play on the 3rd pairing. With the cap savings of $13 million from an OEL buyout and Myers trade we can easily get 2 quality Dmen in free agency. I would go hard after Ryan Graves.  I’m hoping we can get a Dman in a trade for Schenn as well and maybe even Boeser. We will see. I also see JR/PA dangling that NYI 1st and maybe Höglander to try and get a Dman as well. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1