The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, conditional 2024 5th-round pick, conditional 2025 5th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, conditional 2025 1st-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hear you. There are plenty of players that management could be trading right now to help with the transition. They don't even have to be homeruns. 

Hopefully just waiting out on teams and we see something closer to TDL. Rags wanted a 1st first, and then Hogz for Kravtsov.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Jeanot represents that but wow that price. McCabe and Lafferty I don't really view as pushing the roughness needle. Meir ROR and Horvat are thicc boys but not nasty particularly. 

I didn’t mean rougher like physically I meant just more difficult 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Would you rather have Lafferty and McCabe while paying firsts, 2nds and various other pieces or Bear + kravtsov for essentially free? 

PA clears 

This is a comparison of 2 different scenarios.

Acquiring Lafferty and McCabe means your team is adding solid depth to a contending team in "win now" mode.

Acquiring reclaimation projects within a specific age frame is something more suited to a team in rebuild/retool mode.

I'll would rather swing for the fences as a contender than be in the Canucks situation.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

lol yeah right. I don't think anyone wants Boeser and his contract. We'd be paying the first. :lol:

If we retain with term teams would line up. But I don’t see management group retaining since they want cap space…

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Maybe at 50% but we can't lose that cap flexibility for 2 years. Too risky.

Ya I agree, unless we can somehow bring back a return with a 1st in it. Imo we aren’t competing in the next 2 years so why not?

• Cheers 1