The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, conditional 2024 5th-round pick, conditional 2025 5th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, conditional 2025 1st-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ahhh gotcha, so not like the OEL trade ... 

It'd be funny but yeah, probably best to avoid repeating that one 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

They have no picks left!! 

Comic Con Drinking GIF

Their 2025 2nd will do, they don't need picks anyway

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Chicago.  Anaheim.  San Jose.  Los Angeles.  All will have rebuilt and retooled before us.  While we just need structure.

one thing is for sure, we stand the best chance of being in a division where we face no less than 2 of McDavid and one (or two of) Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson for the next decade 5+ times a season.

Well if they do it right, we should be next in line then as in 4-5 years they'll all be feasting on us again :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'm worried about all these top picks coming back to the West, watch the conferences swing in 3 years.

Allvin should have been all over this, we could have offered Myers for much less.

Still gotta hit on picks... 

Arizona, Anaheim, LA, and Chicago have all had major flops but our fans don't hyper focus on them like they do with our picks. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One thing is for sure, an eastern team is winning the cup this year.

Actually can see the opposite happening with Colorado winning again because the East are going to beat each other up that the team that makes it the finals is going to be so tired/hurt etc that Colorado will have there way with them.

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'm worried about all these top picks coming back to the West, watch the conferences swing in 3 years.

Allvin should have been all over this, we could have offered Myers for much less.

most of these picks will turn out to be nothing and the ones that do will likely br 5 years away

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

I don't know their journey to the final is going to be a lot rougher by the looks of it

Jeanot represents that but wow that price. McCabe and Lafferty I don't really view as pushing the roughness needle. Meir ROR and Horvat are thicc boys but not nasty particularly. 

Edited by hammertime

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

We just traded for Kravtsov; but I get it; it just gave us 'Da Tirst' for more.

I hear you. There are plenty of players that management could be trading right now to help with the transition. They don't even have to be homeruns.