The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

8 hours ago, J-23 said:

There is still move to come?

Boeser? Miller? Garland? Myers?

I am ready to be disappointed even if we manage to move one of these contracts. It'll probably be a very underwhelming deal for us where we retain salary and get nothing back or have to take on an expiring contract. It'd make sense to deal with canes with pits going in a different direction with Granlund. The canes GM is known to be smart with assets and not overpay at trade deadline (unlike the Canucks). 

After they made the Hronek deal I am prepared for another decade or two of mediocrity...until we change ownership whenever that happens. 

2 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

I am ready to be disappointed even if we manage to move one of these contracts. It'll probably be a very underwhelming deal for us where we retain salary and get nothing back or have to take on an expiring contract. It'd make sense to deal with canes with pits going in a different direction with Granlund. The canes GM is known to be smart with assets and not overpay at trade deadline (unlike the Canucks). 

After they made the Hronek deal I am prepared for another decade or two of mediocrity...until we change ownership whenever that happens. 

The tweet was from before the hronek trade.  As much as I want them to clean some house, they're probably done.  They shouldn't be, but good chance they are 

Will we be discounted when the “thing” ends up being Bear for a 3rd?

Wonder what the corporate line will be…

We ran out of time?  There weren’t deals to be made?  The prices weren’t right?  We like where the team is at?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

We ran out of time?  There weren’t deals to be made?  The prices weren’t right?  We like where the team is at?

*Bear+2nd for 3rd

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 1

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

You could make a strong argument that he was Detroit's top dman this year.

This year, easily. But only because Seider was having a down season relatively.

1st half of the year, Hronek was near PPG. He's trailed off in the 2nd half. If he can get it together for a full season, watch out.

Only downfall for me is that I don't think he's the right dman pairing for Hughes. If there was a rumour of Marcus Pettersson coming here, he might be a good match with Hronek.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

1st half of the year, Hronek was near PPG. He's trailed off in the 2nd half. If he can get it together for a full season, watch out.

Only downfall for me is that I don't think he's the right dman pairing for Hughes. If there was a rumour of Marcus Pettersson coming here, he might be a good match with Hronek.

Hughes - ??? 

Petterson - Hronek 

Depending on who fills that top RD spot, that's the makings of a nice top 4

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Hughes Bear

Pettersson Hronek

is a sneaky good top 4.

23 minutes ago, Provost said:

100% itll be the we like where the team is at 

Maybe a side of we added like 5 1st round picks 

32 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

WE? I think it's up to the Aquilini's..

25-year old Top 4 RDs aren't cheap, so it cost a lot to get Hronek.

Or did it.

Say VAN traded Horvat to NYI for Beauvillier and Raty. Not a bad trade, but maybe VAN took it on the chin a bit. Oh well, Bo wanted too much money and it was time to move on.

And if that was the trade, then the NYI 1st didn't exist. Because really it didn't, VAN had that pick for a few days? It was never really theirs.

VAN then traded their 2nd to DET for a 25-year old Top 4 RD. 

Canucks needed 2 Top 4 RDs and they got one. This is progress.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Or did it.

Say VAN traded Horvat to NYI for Beauvillier and Raty. Not a bad trade, but maybe VAN took it on the chin a bit. Oh well, Bo wanted too much money and it was time to move on.

And if that was the trade, then the NYI 1st didn't exist. Because really it didn't, VAN had that pick for a few days? It was never really theirs.

If I was to combine the 2 trades and then repackage it the easiest way to look at it would be this...

2nd round pick -----> Raty 

Horvat-------> AB and Hronek 

The biggest criticism of the horvat trade was that we didn't address our biggest need... a right hand d-man. A huge factor in the horvat trade being won or lost was... will the pick turn out to be a player or a bust

I expected AV to make a move like this, albeit at the draft a la romanov/dach so I'm not surprised. I value Hronek higher than dach and romanov so I'm actually fine with the value given.

My only concern is that having a 22 minute RHD who is 19th in nhl point by a dman will undoubtedly make us win more games. I would have rather seen this happen in the offseason #teamtank

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

What do you guys get out of complaining all the time? Glass half empty much?

Why not try and look at the positives? Every deal we made this season has upside to enjoy as well.

There just seems to be a contingent of people who seem to think the point of the NHl is to collect draft picks

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

If I was to combine the 2 trades and then repackage it the easiest way to look at it would be this...

2nd round pick -----> Raty 

Horvat-------> AB and Hronek 

The biggest criticism of the horvat trade was that we didn't address our biggest need... a right hand d-man. A huge factor in the horvat trade being won or lost was... will the pick turn out to be a player or a bust

I expected AV to make a move like this, albeit at the draft a la romanov/dach so I'm not surprised. I value Hronek higher than dach and romanov so I'm actually fine with the value given.

My only concern is that having a 22 minute RHD who is 19th in nhl point by a dman will undoubtedly make us win more games. I would have rather seen this happen in the offseason #teamtank

I think Hronek’s injured and shut down. This may not affect the tank.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Or did it.

In this perspective it is still a good deal

For Less than 2 months of owning Bo, 

Canucks get Beauvillier, Raty and Hronek

Bo wasn't signed

We could have let him walk in 2 months for free

or we still could have got in bidding war to retain him

It was time for Bo to move on and let new players lead this team

If we don't get EP some resemblance of improvement good luck signing him

We still have our 1st pick and players to move yet before next year

This team wasn't very good with the players we had

Getting gold at a garage sale is never easy

• Cheers 3

So how much would Parayko cost? There were Oiler rumors but that has cooled since they acquired Ek.

QH Parayko

OEL Hronek

Wolanin Bear

It would cost a lot but at this point they seem to be all in on turning this around quickly with EP, etc. Edit given Parayko's heavy contract, he might be available for less than I thought?

Could be a sneaky good D core. Would be relying on Hronek to elevate OEL (ideally OEL slides down one spot and they can sign a top 4 UFA LHD).

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

So how much would Parayko cost? There were Oiler rumors but that has cooled since they acquired Ek.

QH Parayko

OEL Hronek

Wolanin Bear

It would cost a lot but at this point they seem to be all in on turning this around quickly with EP, etc.

Could be a sneaky good D core. Would be relying on Hronek to elevate OEL (ideally OEL slides down one spot and they can sign a top 4 UFA LHD).

6.5M per year and has really struggled. This is an OEL like move. Taking an atrocious contract on a player past prime. 

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

6.5M per year and has really struggled. This is an OEL like move. Taking an atrocious contract on a player past prime. 

Not really.  Plays on crap team.  Hes 29, physically he is huge and skates really well, and is at least a legit #2 on every team.  Would take him here anyday

Seravalli going through each teams and what they are still up to for this TDL.  He's using food metaphors.  His take on the Canucks:

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/which-western-conference-teams-are-still-shopping-ahead-of-fridays-trade-deadline

Gathering Ingredients for a Weird Stew

Vancouver Canucks
Top Objective: Down for Anything
Scoop: No one is really quite sure what to make of the Canucks’ plan, other than that they’ve told teams that they’re willing to consider just about anything. (Anything means outside of Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes or Thatcher Demko.) They’ve essentially said: “Make us an offer.” That includes old guys, young guys, players with term. After using the assets from Bo Horvat’s trade to land Detroit’s Filip Hronek, it feels like a big salary dump is coming before Friday to finally get some flexibility. Hopefully whatever they’re cooking up tastes good when it’s all done. Judgment reserved until then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tanks a lot 1