The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

Just now, grandmaster said:

Would you guys trade our 2024 first pick and Brock for Ekblad? No salary retention.

No.  He's injured too often to be our solution for the top pair.  If we're giving up a potentially top 10 pick (and lottery pick as well!), it would need to be a Noah Dobson for me to do it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

No.  He's injured too often to be our solution for the top pair.  If we're giving up a potentially top 10 pick (and lottery pick as well!), it would need to be a Noah Dobson for me to do it.

Or Moritz Seider.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, tas said:

this place is absurd. a random tweet specifically mentions Canuck interest in a young, high pick FORWARD, and people start going off about ekblad. 

I highly doubt it is Ekblad between the cost and him just being outside the ideal age we're targeting was just commenting on the NMC not being impossible to get around in general.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I highly doubt it is Ekblad between the cost and him just being outside the ideal age we're targeting was just commenting on the NMC not being impossible to get around in general.

i didn't mean you specifically. 

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Would you guys trade our 2024 first pick and Brock for Ekblad? No salary retention.

If the pick is lottery protected, I’d consider. Ekblad has been a favorite of mine for years and I’ve always wanted him in Vancouver. But like other mentioned the injury history is a bit of a concern and I’m not sure he’s really worth it now. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I understand that, it was a portion of discussion that was worth addressing. I'd be scared of that move because we know Canuck luck with injuries.

but why are we talking about it in the first place? 

15 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Does anyone have the link to where this rumour started? I can't find anything. Did Dhali say it live on Donnie and Dhali? Waiting of towards episode to drop 

Dahli just stated his distaste for her starting the PIT/Miller rumour.  She seems to lean on the rumour side of things