The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

3 hours ago, stawns said:

not really, they knew what they had in Petey and tried to put vets around him to insulate him.

More than anything injuries have hamstringed this org in the last 7 years.  Regardless, they're not just going to waste Petey, Hughes and Demko........is that what you're advocating for?  A rebuild now will take much lnger than they will be around for.  Don't you want to see petey have some success in Van?

I'd like to see Van have success. If Petey is part of it, cool. I care about the logo on the front not the name on the back.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Why Flip AB ?

He has found chemistry with our top line, he is speedy, he fits our timeline, and we should be able to sign him to a decent contract. 

That's a contract I would be trying to extend now before he goes up too much in value, even if you do want to trade him.

Sell high and he's going to want a significant raise.  He'll be wanting $6m+, imo, if he plays with Petey consistently 

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would argue that we didn’t really need an offensive D. That cap space should have been reserved for a stay at home guy with some bite.

If we can’t unload OEL we’re gonna have three D men making over 7 mil after next season. I don’t think you can build a D core like that.

I'm very confident that we see Myers traded after his bonus is paid + an OEL buyout. 

Fix the D via a few options...

Livingstone signing 

D Petey coming in

Boeser for a D 

Graves/Severson/Schenn

• Vintage 1

Just now, luckylager said:

Disagree. Looks like some early round exists.

No depth, no prospect pool. But I encourage people to have dreams

Our forwards are good,our D just got a bit better.If we get the D better this summer we should be close to the playoffs.

• There it is 1

Just now, Doxm said:

I'm very confident that we see Myers traded after his bonus is paid + an OEL buyout. 

Fix the D via a few options...

Livingstone signing 

D Petey coming in

Boeser for a D 

Graves/Severson/Schenn

Do you know what an OEL buyout entails?

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m beginning to think you might be AILvin’s burner account. 

It looks like you might be the first poster on CDC to figure out that this is an account controlled by the Vancouver Canucks.  I mean it was opened just after Petey played his first game in Vancouver.  I also mentioned many times that I am an insider.  Who else would have the authority to call themselves Elias Pettersson on this board?

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to figure it out really...   :)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Devron said:

Hronek is a young RH defencemen. You probably aren’t getting that with those picks. Absolute win

I keep seeing this "he's young" narrative but he's not... that young... and he's due for a raise next year. It's a short term move, meant to get this team into the playoffs next year. This isn't some 22 year old.

Great idea, getting back into the playoffs. Hopefully this management group can do it, last group tried similar and failed big time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthWestNuck said:

So does this mean we move Myers in the off season, sign Livingstone, and go with Hronek-Bear-Livingston down the right side next year?

Maybe trade Bear to and bring in Johansson who is a defensive D man.

The bottom line is that this is a win-now type move for a team that has not demonstrated it is close to being able to win now. Management has openly stated major surgery is needed, the roster isn’t good enough, cap space is priority, etc and they continue to do the complete opposite by doubling down, adding money, trading away futures etc. I don’t think anybody here dislikes Hronek as a player, it’s just that this deal doesn’t make sense for where this team is. There is more to building a good team than just “add good player”.

The only way this makes sense logistically is if they’re making serious changes moving players out and acquiring draft capital/cap space/prospects, in which case you’d think they’d do that first so they aren’t left standing at the altar. It feels like they traded Bo (because they couldn’t come to a contract despite the “surgery” requirements) and decided that was the change needed.

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

Is is my hope that RHD lineup becomes a reality. That and Myers bought out or traded in the off season

For sure - and that’s probably the biggest hiccup in creating that lineup!  

Nearly impossible to judge Allvin’s work until after the offseason because of that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Our forwards are good,our D just got a bit better.If we get the D better this summer we should be close to the playoffs.

Is making the playoffs really the goal?

Can't endure two hard years before making these types of moves?

At least *some people will still buy tickets

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It looks like you might be the first poster on CDC to figure out that this is an account controlled by the Vancouver Canucks.  I mean it was opened just after Petey played his first game in Vancouver.  I also mentioned many times that I am an insider.  Who else would have the authority to call themselves Elias Pettersson on this board?

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to figure it out really...   :)

and I’m sometimes known as F Aqualini… no that’s too obvious.  Francesco A you can call me.

Buy my blueberries!  Rent my condos!  We’ll never rebuild! Bahaahahaha

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Blind support is still blind.

You can't tell me I'm not a fan because I want the team to win a cup. This move is shortsighted garbage and won't help. 

It’s not blind support.

I like the hiring of the bench crew.

Actually I love it and think it’ll bring the element of on ice character and attitude we’ve been long desiring.

i also LOVE the Kuz signing. 

Such an underrated move already that will reap huge rewards for this club.

I like the support additions that we’ve acquired in guys like Bear for relatively cheap. Yes we have traded picks but we have no other real currency.

that is also changing under this new mgmt group.

I like the decision to be aggressive and utilize the assets that were previously off limits to be liquidated and diversified to build wealth. We absolutely needed to that. 

I like that we are obviously choosing to cash in this season and potentially end up with a top 5 pick.

I like that we have now begun the process of addition/subtraction on our D and finally have another legit top 4 Dman who hasn’t been playing above his ceiling. I like that we will start to acquire and roster D men who can eat minutes responsibly and balance out our pairings effectively. I like that we can soon afford to play guys like OEL and Myers further down the roster in positions of lesser responsibility.

i like that mgmt isn’t afraid to really do the dirty work involved in restructuring how this roster is utilized, and more importantly has publicly addressed the issues and how they intend to attack them.

to that end, there absolutely is direction. 
it just takes letting go of previous apprehensions and being objective in seeing what is actually happening before your eyes. 

this hronek move is one of many to come. I’d say try a little more patience before being so judgemental because this is not the be all end all status quo. 

• Cheers 3