The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

Don’t know much about him really. Doesn’t sound like the big minute munching defender you can usually only find in the first round. 
we knew there was no way JR was going to do full rebuild. At this cost think could have got better D but he is young and comes into our weakest position. 
Still think after a lot of positives this deadline this is a move in wrong direction long term. 

just saw Chychrun deal. Two reactions, we got ripped off and why did that take so long?  

Edited by DrJockitch

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

OEL is a terrible partner for Hronek. He’s getting bought out and Ryan Graves is coming to Vancouver to play with Hronek. We are shooting for the playoffs next year. This deal confirms it. 

We were shooting for the playoffs this year . How’d that turn out ?

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Seider is the Redwings top line RHD. 

Also, you wouldn’t want Hughes and Hronek on the same pairing. That’s why I suspect Hronek will be the 2nd pairing RHD and quarterback the 2nd PP. 

This sounds right and I’m sure they’ll load them up situationally when pushing for a goal

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Top 9 fwd, top 4 dman, prospect and a 4th isn't the worst thing ever. 

8million ish in cap space used up 

No 2nd round picks this year or next 

Idk, for where we are as a team right now it feels pretty misguided. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Seider is the Redwings top line RHD. 

Also, you wouldn’t want Hughes and Hronek on the same pairing. That’s why I suspect Hronek will be the 2nd pairing RHD and quarterback the 2nd PP. 

That's what I mean, he's not a top pairing D man as Allvin just stated. 

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

Which tells you what?   (more moves coming, buyouts in summer)

Tells me that if we don't make a move by Friday to get us under the ceiling, we're going to have to buy out decent players and/or attach real value to those contracts.  

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I really hope so.  Would fill out our D core nicely.

I don't think it'll be difficult to find a legit defensive top 4 LHD for Hronek.

Pushing OEL and Bear into 3rd pairing duties likely means much more effective minutes from both of them.

If they are 3rd pair, where is tank commander Tyler Myers playing?  Re the trade I'm sure he's decent player but I swear Jim Benning is GM again just a brutal trade give where the team is and how little cap space they'll have and this is an absolutely stacked draft.  Maybe OEL will retire after he's paid his signing bonus this summer and TM57 retires with him.  OMG this is brutal.

1 minute ago, awalk said:

Up and coming sorta ends around 26 so he's right on the cusp of being whatever he's gonna be. And he's gonna be up for a raise after this year. 

Fine player, maybe even a great add, but this isn't the timing to do it IMHO. Adding that 2nd stings a lot.

Sorry; 2 years team control...2023 is done for all sake and purposes.