The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

RHD is exactly what the team needs.  Worth the cost?  Time will tell. We're kidding ourselves if we thought one was going to come cheap OR this 1st round draft pick could plug that hole before Hughes and Pettersson age out.  I guess I can stop cheering for the Islanders to lose now :lol:

I hope the Islanders make the playoffs and win a couple of rounds.  I believe the same conditions apply so Detroit will get the pick this year...

Just now, AngryElf said:

Tells me that if we don't make a move by Friday to get us under the ceiling, we're going to have to buy out decent players and/or attach real value to those contracts.  

Yeah there's for sure more coming, trade or two. Myers OEL will be dealt with in the summer. 

57 minutes ago, luckylager said:

THAT'S IT, THIS TEAM IS DEAD TO ME UNTIL ALLVIN IS FIRED.

GO KRAKEN

Alvin has his marching orders from the owner.  No rebuild.  Try and make the playoffs every year.  No vision, no patience, no plan.  I hate the trade. 

• Vintage 1

I’m totally lost with the direction of this team.  What are they doing?  What is their plan?  I thought I knew and was excited but now I’m totally confused.   I thought they could parle both picks to move up in the draft but I’m starting to question the vision this management team has.  He’s an aging defenceman that will be a free agent in 2 years. And what then?  We gonna sign another aging player to an 8 year deal to go with OEL and Myers?  :picard:

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Sorry; 2 years team control...2023 is done for all sake and purposes. 

2 years team control but will need a raise after next season is all I meant. Agreed this season is done. Which is like, why did we make this move now?? Anyway whatever, it's done. It is what it is.

Just now, Pears said:

The Office Thank You GIF

It’s a fine deal.  

I understand why some people would think *now* isn’t the time to make it, even if I’m sick of the drama.

I just hope we aren’t done yet.  May as well let the front office cook. 

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

If they are 3rd pair, where is tank commander Tyler Myers playing?  Re the trade I'm sure he's decent player but I swear Jim Benning is GM again just a brutal trade give where the team is and how little cap space they'll have and this is an absolutely stacked draft.  Maybe OEL will retire after he's paid his signing bonus this summer and TM57 retires with him.  OMG this is brutal.

I think most people are ready to accept Myers will be able to be moved this summer.  He'll be entering the final year of his contract with most of his salary already paid.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I think you should research what qualifies as a rental lol. How is he a rental if we aren't making the playoffs? He has another year left on his contract too FYI so how is he a rental? They will be re-signing him most likley, lots of time. 

so you know he will resign?