The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade: Detroit Red Wings trade Tyler Bertuzzi to Boston Bruins

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Detroit adding another 1st.

They're ahead of us in the standings, yet still have the discipline to sell and collect assets to build a better future.

This is how it's done. If only the Canucks could see this.

100% agree, I thought our team would be 1000 times better this year, but all that offense couldn't cover the terrible defense. Honks a start but still nothing in the pipeline was hoping to have an extra first and even and extra second to stock the D in the rookie system .. time to stock the pond. Clear ownership won't allow it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, timberz21 said:

And the Red Wings have missed how many times the playoffs lately?  Oh yeah, 6 going on 7.  I guess that's how it's done...:blink:

They are rebuilding properly.

We can see the progress they've made, and they have a ton of draft picks to continue building.

Meanwhile the Canucks keep attempting short-sighted solutions that leave us in the same position year after year -- a struggling team with no cap space and no assets.

• Cheers 4

The fans would have gladly waited 3-4 years for a mid to late 1st, 2nd rounder to develop.

Realistically with Petey, Hughes, Demko. There's no way the team can function without some major help on defence.

I think the issue is the cost, and the type of defenceman we brought in.

Also the teams track record of professional scouts is iffy at best.

Yzerman strikes again!

Edited by Ghostsof1915