The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Make-Me-Laughs, Saturday March 4, 2023 @ 4PM PST / 7PM EST - Bottom Feeder vs a Powerhouse. Place ... Da Garage

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just a quick thought on Boeser and Miller. What kind of stats would they have to produce to make them ‘worth’ their existing contracts ? My thoughts-Boeser 30 goals per year and a higher compete level and skating improvement. For Miller 30 plus goals per year but I’d like to see a couple fights/lotsa hitting, dirty crease scoring and some leadership in atitude and play. For me, I think it’s better to hope for these types of things from these players because we already have them instead of ranting them outa town. I know the bandwagons pretty banged up but it always carries me along.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Miller

Beauvillier - xxxx - Mikheyev 

Höglander - xxxx - Podkolzin

Joshua - Studnicka - Kravtsov

Hughes - xxxx

xxxx - Hronek

xxxx - Bear

Demko

Silovs

That’s how we look going into the offseason imo. Take Myers+Boeser+Garland money and use that for at least two defensemen and a second line center. Find a veteran two-way center to play with Höglander and Podkolzin. 

Beauvillier-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Mikheyev-Miller-Garland

Kravtsov-xxxxx-Podkolzin

Joshua-Aman-Studnicka 

extras: Dries, McDonaugh, Karlsson

Hughes-Bear

OEL-Hronek

Dermott-Johansson

Wolanin

Demko

xxxx

off season moves: Trade Boeser or Garland, Pearson, and Myers. Acquire a formidable 3rd / 4th line C.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Oldmanpower said:

Just a quick thought on Boeser and Miller. What kind of stats would they have to produce to make them ‘worth’ their existing contracts ? My thoughts-Boeser 30 goals per year and a higher compete level and skating improvement. For Miller 30 plus goals per year but I’d like to see a couple fights/lotsa hitting, dirty crease scoring and some leadership in atitude and play. For me, I think it’s better to hope for these types of things from these players because we already have them instead of ranting them outa town. I know the bandwagons pretty banged up but it always carries me along.

Miller is a ppg player who does all you mention and more. He easily gets that contract as a UFA. Look how much Horfat got, and he’s a 50-60 point guy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 250Integra said:

Beauvillier-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Mikheyev-Miller-Garland

Kravtsov-xxxxx-Podkolzin

Joshua-Aman-Studnicka 

extras: Dries, McDonaugh, Karlsson

Hughes-Bear

OEL-Hronek

Dermott-Johansson

Wolanin

Demko

xxxx

off season moves: Trade Boeser or Garland, Pearson, and Myers. Acquire a formidable 3rd / 4th line C.

That’s an excellent looking group. And we might get Livingston too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oldmanpower said:

@Alflives is spot on about brocks weight. He packed on almost 20lbs and ever since he’s much slower. 

• There it is 1

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Miller

Beauvillier - xxxx - Mikheyev 

Höglander - xxxx - Podkolzin

Joshua - Studnicka - Kravtsov

Hughes - xxxx

xxxx - Hronek

xxxx - Bear

Demko

Silovs

That’s how we look going into the offseason imo. Take Myers+Boeser+Garland money and use that for at least two defensemen and a second line center. Find a veteran two-way center to play with Höglander and Podkolzin. 

Well we still have Rathbone and I think Livingstone who wants to come here should play.We have a good ahl team and you might see two or three come up.We do need another C Amen and Raty might fill those spots,but I think we will grab one via trade or ufa 

Myers if we pay 1 mill and trade the other team pays nothing for a year but his cap space. BB a mill or so retained should get a deal done. 

I agree w buyout of Pearson should help and hate to say it but makes most sense OEL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Well we still have Rathbone and I think Livingstone who wants to come here should play.We have a good ahl team and you might see two or three come up.We do need another C Amen and Raty might fill those spots,but I think we will grab one via trade or ufa 

Myers if we pay 1 mill and trade the other team pays nothing for a year but his cap space. BB a mill or so retained should get a deal done. 

I agree w buyout of Pearson should help and hate to say it but makes most sense OEL.

I agree, it’s painfully obvious that we’ve been a much better team when OEL is out of the lineup as opposed to when he’s in it, so I really hope management sees this as well. $2.1M penalty for four years after the first three doesn’t sound all that bad. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Are they really putting Dem in net? 

Come on man, regardless of our crap defence, Dem could overcome that, especially the way he is playing now. Let’s play well but let’s also not climb the standings on the wrong direction! 

This franchise is in desperate need of a top 5 pick / lottery win

They really want to put their best foot forward and try to win despite it not being in our best interest 

Canucks gonna Canuck I guess 

• There it is 1

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

and put Quinn on the wing in his place. Can Brock skate backwards?

I was just joking. That said. Having played defence  I pay a little more attention to the position and have noticed with the speed of the game there seems to be less skating backwards as opposed to the dman skating along side trying to force wide or knock the puck off  but as for bb trying. It’s a rare swap. And rarer that it works. Although Keith Ballard could play up in a pinch.