The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Make-Me-Laughs, Saturday March 4, 2023 @ 4PM PST / 7PM EST - Bottom Feeder vs a Powerhouse. Place ... Da Garage

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I hate everything about this.

No. Please.

There you go Deb. The depths a Canuck fan will sink to to get a better draft position. :(  No I don’t want Schenn to seriously hurt JT just slow him down for awhile. I say that because JT is a big part of this team. I wanted him traded but he wasn’t. I can accept that as there is no doubt he will be a valuable player moving forward. 
Tank on! :) 

• Cheers 1

I am in full team tank, but if there is any room on team win can I squeeze in for one game? I won’t stay long, I’ll be gone before you even wake up tomorrow 

the leafs can suck it! 

Edited by BertaNuck

Kuz-EP-Miller

Podz-Bedard-Kravtsov

Mik-xxx-Mcdonough

Xxx-xxx-xxx

Hughes-Livingstone

Xxx-Hronek

Xxx-xxx

Demko

Damn good foundation if you can support them properly assuming everyone hits their potential and all at the same time... lol

With that said I hope we win today via blowout :bigblush:

34 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

100%! This really bothers me and I do not understand it. Chasing anyone out is uncalled for, but especially when we’re lucky enough to get good players, but people want them gone too. Why some people can’t be happy / content is beyond me!! 

Blame the salary cap. Good players on great player salary does not equal good. 

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Blame the salary cap. Good players on great player salary does not equal good. 

That’s def one aspect of it for sure, but it’s all about how it’s approached / dealt with. And that’s not just hockey…there seems to be a very negative approach to a lot of things these days. Just look at / read social media. I think there’s a better way to approach a lot of things, but society for the most part has adopted a very negative approach to things sadly. 

• Cheers 1

millers been playing much better lately. maybe a nagging injury slowed his start. if he can keep his attitude in check and send it towards opposing teams we’re good. I for one don’t think he’s a player that should be moved. 14 million on two defensman remain obvious candidates for movement in my books

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 88Canuck said:

100%! This really bothers me and I do not understand it. Chasing anyone out is uncalled for, but especially when we’re lucky enough to get good players, but people want them gone too. Why some people can’t be happy / content is beyond me!! 

It's been going on forever. Way back when, we had a defenceman named Robert Nordmark. The abuse he was subjected to was way over the top. I can't imagine how unbearable it would have been for him if there was social media. He was so picked on by the home fans at the Pacific Coliseum the 'fans' would boo EVERY time he touched the puck. Even if he was just collecting the puck behind his own goalie. The team eventually had to trade him as an act of mercy.

Correction - He wasn't actually traded. He simply left and went back to Sweden. Where be played another 10 seasons.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Sad 2

Just now, Metal Face Doom said:

The Miller hate is unwarranted and emotion based.  He's a great player to have going forward.

I agree. He's still a top 50 forward in the league. We're still going to need players who can drive play and put the puck in the net. 

We already lost one top 6 forward this year, we can afford to lose another. Who else outside of Pettersson and Kuzmenko would be able to put up 70+ points next season..?

I don't mind keeping JT around but it is imperative that we can rid ourselves of both Myers, OEL and one of Boeser/ Garland. OEL buyout bring it on. To boot getting rid of Poolman or Pearson would be best too. Strictly for cap related reasons.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2