The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report/Rumour] Ethan Bear Contract Talks

58 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hronek could be that fit. 

No. Hronek could run the second pairing from an offensive perspective. Both pairings need more traditional stay at home, defensive defensemen to compliment the offensive capabilities of both Hughes and Hronek respectively. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No. Hronek could run the second pairing from an offensive perspective. Both pairings need more traditional stay at home, defensive defensemen to compliment the offensive capabilities of both Hughes and Hronek respectively. 

Scott Mayfield and Vladislav Gavrikov to the Nucks.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hughes is showing he can carry our top pair with AHL level partners. Love to get Tanev back, or a guy of that quality for his partner. That would free Quinn up to be more offensive minded 5 on 5.

Hronek will carry our second pair. Not too sure who we could get to compliment him. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

He averaged over 16 minutes a game last season with Carolina. That would be #5 by a country mile on the Canes this year. His last game in a hurricanes sweater he played 22:57.

He didn't want to play bottom pairing minutes in Carolina and was obviously not going to surpass their top 4 D so he wanted to move on.  I'm not going to speculate on other reasons although I'm sure there were other factors.

Wanting more playing time and not cracking a roster are 2 very different things.

I really want to see Hronek play before a deal is made with Bear. Maybe a better idea about Meyers as well. They have until July. Term might become an issue. He is a 5/6 to me with the ability to move up if needed. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Severson is a year or two younger than Mayfield. I'd prefer him. Price might be high though. Those are good choices all the same. 

Severson I think will want 5-6 million for being a poor mans offensive D, he has been pushed out by marino (man I wish we got him on the cheap like jersey did), also has issues in own end at times

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Hughes, Msyfield

Gravikov, Hronek 

Dermott, Bear

Looks pretty damn good. 

I agree I would like a healthy Dermott in the lineup brings speed, he may never make it back unfortiunately

Mayfield is not a top pair d man, he is a 5 at best imo but yes there is the Hughes effect 

Just now, Alflives said:

Hughes, Msyfield

Gravikov, Hronek 

Dermott, Bear

Looks pretty damn good. 

The first guy is always injured, and Bear hasn't played many games either. I don't know about you guys, but isn't it a bit odd that Brisbois, Juulsen and Wolanin have stepped up and played just as well as those so called NHL'ers. For whatever reason Brisbois has never been given a sniff, but to me, he's passing the eye test.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I agree I would like a healthy Dermott in the lineup brings speed, he may never make it back unfortiunately

Mayfield is not a top pair d man, he is a 5 at best imo but yes there is the Hughes effect 

a great third pair would be Dermott and Schenn or Dermott and Mayfield

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

What would it cost to get Tanev back? He was the perfect partner for Hughes. 

7 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

my bad Mayfield - has been playing 20 min a night recently, he was slotted behind pluck and Dobson but I defer to ppl who know NYI situation more

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Parayko a coming UFA? He would be a great partner for Quinn. 

Have to be traded. At this point, where St. Louis is at, he might not cost that much. Doesn't use his size as much as he should but he's a pretty solid all around defenseman who might be looking for a change of scenery.

He's in the Miller age range, mind you.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is showing he can carry our top pair with AHL level partners. Love to get Tanev back, or a guy of that quality for his partner. That would free Quinn up to be more offensive minded 5 on 5.

Hronek will carry our second pair. Not too sure who we could get to compliment him. 

I've thought of tanev coming back now that Calgary is a busteroo