The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] 3C targets for next season

Let me preface this with the fact I'm not at all opposed to retooling with the correct assets. 

I do however believe that proper strategy with the 3C role next year is to either leave it open for Raty to take a run at or fill it with another one of our nearly prospects OR try for a RFA that the team holding their rights can't probably afford to pay and that we can get cheaply or as part of a deal for one of our overpaid winger - kinda like Dickinson but you know not a complete disaster in every way. . . 

The reasoning behind this is that the 3C roles is perfect for either Raty if he can develop or whoever we pick in the top 10 this year ( which is likely a C most likely Bedard... pls pls pls let it be Bedard )  to start in hopefully within a year from now.  It is also the perfect place for Miller to slide back down to when his Offence dries up and is usurped by the afore mentioned draft pick later in his mahooosively expensive deal which is unlikely we shift :/ 

Further to that the money we when save when the ELC at 3C and then higher for a few years can help to bolster the D while were still paying for the heavy weight contracts of our current crop of space wasters in that position. 

Signing an 3-5 M 3C now with term will further compromise our cap flexibility moving forward and reduce our opportunities to bring in better D and potentially buy out the shitters we have. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

Honestly since next year shouldn't be the year to get an established guy. I think It would be in our best interest to try to create some competition internally we have Raty Aman I'd like to see them try to make a move for guys like Turcotte, Krebs, Morrozov.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Needs to come from within which leaves Raty or for cheap. More UFA bargain bins, Euro FAs or college FAs. 
Personally I like a Kravtsov-Raty-Podz kid line. Don’t want to push him though if he is not ready, rather have him winning in Abby than losing in Van if not ready. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking Tyson Jost

I would like Raty to take on that role, but I'm not sure he'd be ready for that next season. 

Depends on what we want from that position.  At 5'11" and under 190lbs, he's not gonna be a shut down guy.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking Tyson Jost

I would like Raty to take on that role, but I'm not sure he'd be ready for that next season. 

We have zero interest in Jost. He’s not a right shot and he’s not even decent defensively. We will get us a #3C who is a right shot and excellent defensively. He will be good on the PK too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have zero interest in Jost. He’s not a right shot and he’s not even decent defensively. We will get us a #3C who is a right shot and excellent defensively. He will be good on the PK too. 

Colton Sissons

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Nicholas Roy, Stephenson, Kotkaniemi (step up JT Miller, have fun in Raleigh)... then again, I'll also be that guy and say Dries :ph34r:

Waddell just told Russo that they didn't want to add anyone with term beyond 1-year because they have so many key players in need of an extension coming up and don't want to risk being unable to extend them.  Miller has 7 years and with Carolina not liking long term deals for players in their late 20s - doubtful they would have any interest.  Carolina was willing to let Meier play on his 10M QO vs extending him.  

• Thanks 1