The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predict the finish

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

Predict the finish (closes Sat @noon)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many points do we collect from our last 18 games?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2023 at 08:00 PM

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

i predict 18-22 points or 23-27 points.

Since OEL is being injured, and Demko is solid currently, I would like to say 23-27 points.

Protect Tank Commander Myers at all costs!!!

Oh and re: OP, I could see us win like 12, seeing how fresh Demko must be coming back from injury.

• Thanks 1

I wish we tanked and got a top 5. However i think we'll end up about 14th-16th.

I think the 1st draw will be won by anaheim so they move up to 1st and we'll win the second and final round but we can only move up 10 spots to 4-6th. And it'll be another case of people arguing we were right to not tank as we get to pick 4-6th and another group will say that we were destined to win but we didn't tank enough and we missed bedard who kills us for his entire career. And somewhere bettman laughs at a cursed team who managed to win and yet not get their prize.

I think we’ll hit 80 -85 points 

the teams that clinch will start resting and not want to get injured 

the bottom feeders won’t show up 

The only teams we need to worry about are the fringe wildcard teams but our guys will pumped and ready to play spoiler

Demko looks sharp OEL hronek should be back  Ep is ep, kuz  high on bananas hughes piling up points. 

lots of wins coming. 

Edited by combover

We've been the best worst team for a long time, I think we finish 0.500 or maybe one game under thanks to Demko and Silovs ruining our tanking, good for 9th last.

So we climb up from 5th last. Meanwhile, Abby continue to struggle and fall out of a playoff race.

Great personnel management...

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I wish we tanked and got a top 5. However i think we'll end up about 14th-16th.

I think the 1st draw will be won by anaheim so they move up to 1st and we'll win the second and final round but we can only move up 10 spots to 4-6th. And it'll be another case of people arguing we were right to not tank as we get to pick 4-6th and another group will say that we were destined to win but we didn't tank enough and we missed bedard who kills us for his entire career. And somewhere bettman laughs at a cursed team who managed to win and yet not get their prize.

How do you figure we can reach 14th-16th? I can’t see us doing better than 10th. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brutal, I think we'll finish 0.500. Last year, despite such a horror start with Green, BB did really well. We ended up 10 games above 0.500 which is insane consider how bad we've been this year. Almost identical team on paper, completely different team on-ice. We've done well to even claw back to 0.500 now.

I will stick to my January prediction.

I have been a Canucks fan too long.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:03 PM, Provost said:

Easy schedule and it is the Canucks… can’t even tank properly.  No top 5 picks for us!  We will play a little better than .500 for the rest of the season and end up with 78-82 points and just enough to put us solidly out of the top ten picks.

Based on that “success”, management will triple down on the bad roster and allocate more cap to the wing position… like paying Kuzmenko around $6 million per year.

• Like 2