The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday March 14 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

I do think the team is playing a little better as the pressure of making the playoffs was lifted. 

But what does that say to the “flawed roster” crowd?  (I know the roster isn’t perfect by any stretch - D and a matchup C needs an upgrade) but some media / social media voices seemed pretty convinced the team’s struggles this year were mostly a personnel problem. 

I think it’s very likely a mix of goaltending / structure but also the mental side of the game. This is still a fairly young and inexperienced core overall - they need to learn how to win over 82 games.  Having a lame duck coach and captain couldn’t have helped.  There were just so many games where they absolutely caved.  Really hoping they’re finding/building some resiliency in these wins down the stretch. Need to carry this momentum through the offseason.

• There it is 1

Åman has been our most improved player IMO this season. If he works on his faceoffs over the summer, even gets his win percentage up to high 40’s, there’s our 3rd line C next year.

I still don't get why they are starting Demko every game. Playing their stars over 25 minutes when they should be assessing and giving the young guys more time to see what they can handle. The development part makes no sense. Neither does playing Demko every game. These games mean nothing. They should at least see what the kids on the farm can do in terms of Rathbone, Raty etc.

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What agony? Lol. The real question. Why are any of us here?? Hmmmm

think from dusk till dawn GIF by The Paley Center for Media

I’m here to enjoy your steady consistent messages. But for your guidance I wouldn’t know how to think.

:bigblush:
And I like to watch the hockey on tv too.