The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Akito Hirose

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

The sad thing is the perfect Left D Tocchet wants is out with injury.  Dermott would fit perfectly with Hughes. In fact I think that's the biggest problem The Canucks have had the last few years.  The players that would give this team some bite and gnarl are out, Ferland and Dermott.  Imagine if those 2 were healthy. We've never seen either of those 2 healthy aside from a a few games.  

League better watch out Sherif Dermott might punch their fists with his face. They better have their heads up for that 1 hit per game. Dermott's a nasty piece of bizz. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

man that's such a cool name

cannot wait to hear shorty call it during games

It's Hi (he) ro (roe)  se (say) in Japanese. You enunciate each syllables separately, don't slur them together. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, hammertime said:

League better watch out Sherif Dermott might punch their fists with his face. They better have their heads up for that 1 hit per game. Dermott's a nasty piece of bizz. 

1 hit per game is pretty good compared o Studnika and Kravstov.  I saw way too many flybys.  It was a no hitter against the Blues and it was frustrating to watch

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He might be. 

You missed the reference, I suspect. 

Maybe I missed your point?

I got the Dr Livingstone reference........I was actually just using your post as a jumping in point!

6 hours ago, Neutral said:

tons of lefties, be a crowded AHL squad on left D, interesting competition at training camp. Wonder if we walk away from the always injured Dermott at the end of the year and let him be a ufa? Unless he takes a pay cut to a salary that can be fully buried in the AHL if he gets beat out at training camp by 1 of: Wolanin, Brisebois, Rathbone, Hirose

For his type of player; effectively he or Rathbone will be our 3rd pair D next year? Very few undrafted players can sign in with a 50% chance at a roster spot.  And I guess he bet on himself!  I am happy with that...

2KND pair if we move OEL on???

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think what he said there about learning under such a great development staff is a big selling point for young players that are looking for an opportunity.  Who wouldn't want to learn the trade from our star studded development staff?