The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning lead series 1-0

Toronto get what they deserve, dirty plays all over the ice, we're seeing a lot more PPs called this year than I can remember and Tampa made them pay. Bunting should get a juicy suspension for that hit. 4/8 on the PP is nuts.

Tampa were just so hungry for loose pucks and played like dogs in front of the Toronto net, they just couldn't clear it in time over and over again.

I think this will be a close series, the PP really inflated Tampa's final score more than it could have been and if Hedman misses a few games things could change, but what a statement by Tampa Bay. Their depth guys won this game single handedly - guys like Perry, Colton and Cirelli just destroyed them, they barely needed their stars.

If Vasy can steal the next game it's over already.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

at least Schenn got to play a playoff game for the Laffs, he deserves a cool experience 

Schenn: yaaaaa, I'm outta here

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

It will be even worse when he hears that Leafs next GM is going to be Jim Benning or Brad Treliving . 

Why would the Leafs fire Dubas after they win the Cup? It was one game. Tampa is down their two top D. They’re the team that’s cooked. 

• Wat 1

38 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

When your captain is all passive aggressive:

But your goalie is straight up:

The funny thing is Samsonov played really well for most of the game, the mistakes he made were once it had gotten out of hand. He had a number of really good saves while Tavares was invisible. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuckwings said:

Unless leafs suddenly figures it out and plays perfect hockey the rest of the way, even if they managed to get past TB it'd be hard to imagine how this team can get by Boston next round. Stanley cup winning teams don't get blown out 7-3 like that. 

I think it's the mentality, the Leafs have been Losers in the playoffs for years and years. It's like they expect to Lose and were playing scared. This is on coaching (Keefe) and the team's leadership (Matthews, Tavares, Rielly, Giordano) IMO. They needed to drag their team into the fight and they didn't. 

Big changes coming to TOR this off season

6 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I’d love to see a Simpson Hrudey cry off with Rotten Ronnie MacLean as the referee.

Juice gets to punch out the winner.

Classic! Laffers d-side game will cost them. Is Bogosian hurt? I see he was scratched. He played last year. Cernak and Hedman?

I'm still shocked teams figure they can bypass the "build from the net out" approach. I get it, you don't pass up on guys like Bedard. But you need the foundation of a team.

And goalies and defence take the longest to develop. You also can't have all skilled guys. You need your role players, and the guys that aren't afraid to muck. But you don't need boneheads that act tough, and take stupid penalties, and turtle the moment someone stands up to them.

• Upvote 1