The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I liked Studnicka tonight. Physical, tenacious, and smart with the puck. 

I hope a strong summer of training will allow him to be a much more effective checking forward next season. I like the tools he has.

I didn't like Beauvillier, Kuzmenko, Garland, Dries, and Boeser tonight. Really thought they all struggled to engage physically and keep up with the pace of the game. Also this group doesn't show a lot of two way intelligence, we need more wingers who can play better defensively but also just engage more in the battle. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Game management is such BS. If they made the proper call on the trip on Pettersson when we were on the PP, we prob would have gone up 3-0 and put the game out of reach. 

The refs really need to call the game as is and not worry about the score and keeping the game close. They got what they wanted was a flames comeback and an exciting finish but really, if I wanted to watch WWE, I would. 

Also that non call on Markstrom in OT was ridiculous. Even Petterson saw that 150ft away standing next to the other ref (even if the first ref was blocked by Markstrom) 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Flames suck

Nux arent far off from a playoff spot. 

Just need to start better next season. 

They aren’t far with some major upgrades to D and their bottom 6.

We’re still a team that relies way too much on Demko. When the Flames pushed the rest of the team collapsed.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2