The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vintage, you are always quoting the biggest WUMs in our market....  Wind Up Merchants.  

Rob Williams was making it sound like Canucks might cancel their Pride Night a couple of days before it was announced.  

Drance is Drance, the most hateful and petty media member that we have.  

If you're gonna quote them over and over again, maybe throw in some regular media members too?

ah well..so its finally here, last game of the season. as per usual it feels a bit empty with no more nucks games to watch....but i do look forward to the post-season since i expect a lot of things to happen. and....finally....to put an end to the Bedard talk. We arent even close to getting him so to finally stop with the 5% chance is going to be great. excited to see whats been done come draft day and then look forward to the trades up untill next seasons start...and Finally being 100% for winning every game again instead of a meh...is better to loose for the draft. i hope the guys win and pad their stats by a ton.....have fun and enjoy....lets go nucks!:canucks:

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I honestly can’t stand Drance.

only his take exists. He has extremely pessimistic takes, he uses negative language and tone. 

when it comes to marketplace culture he’s a culture killer not builder.

i can’t listen to him speak anymore.

he wouldn’t even acknowledge the importance of Demko’s mental rehab and return from injury and how important it would be for him and our team for next season. 

looking forward to the day he’s not a SN650 regular 

he's part of the "new media" which means not learning the slightest thing about journalism and just striving for the edgiest take. every single thing he says is worthless, even if it ends up being right. 

• Cheers 2

Another miserable season, worst than the last. 
We will end worse than last year and have continued to act like a contender off the ice. 
This summer will start to see more desperation as OEL isn’t going anywhere and Myers will be impossible to move. 
Unless we can move all of Beau, Brock and Garland don’t really see any significant UFAs.

I suspect we will see next years first fly out since the second is already gone to try to clear cap. 
I hope this management group can do some smart things but think the basic conceit they started from is flawed and so the path they chose is flawed and will be very limiting to what potential the EP/QH/Demko core could have had. 
They have done a nice job of finding some good prospects outside the draft which is a good thing since draft pics seem to hold very little value to them. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I honestly can’t stand Drance.

only his take exists. He has extremely pessimistic takes, he uses negative language and tone. 

when it comes to marketplace culture he’s a culture killer not builder.

i can’t listen to him speak anymore.

he wouldn’t even acknowledge the importance of Demko’s mental rehab and return from injury and how important it would be for him and our team for next season. 

looking forward to the day he’s not a SN650 regular 

He isn’t wrong though. We are risking injury on our most valuable players and pushing for points that only hurt in the long run instead of giving more meaningful minutes to developing players when wins are no longer important. 

I was so excited for this season. I thought for sure we'd pick up where we left off last year. Sadly that poor start messed it all up again. I hope the players take the lesson this time and show up prepared to compete from Game 1 next year. We could be a dangerous team if we could find a way to be more consistent in our effort. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, tas said:

he's part of the "new media" which means not learning the slightest thing about journalism and just striving for the edgiest take. every single thing he says is worthless, even if it ends up being right. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

He isn’t wrong though. We are risking injury on our most valuable players and pushing for points that only hurt in the long run instead of giving more meaningful minutes to developing players when wins are no longer important. 

Meh...I think most fans follow and support pundits who we agree with, and dis on those we disagree with.  We can even not like them, then like them, then not like them again. etc..  Like I agree  with this concern he raised.  No reason to play Hughes near the top of the ice time leaders of the league. Or give other top players so much ice time vs. development of younger players.

But I disgreed with his whining about not suddenly initiating a full rebuild when we were already smack dab in the middle of a retool. A rebuild made sense in Bennings era, where once again I agreed with his criticisms of Benning's disastrous beating of a dead orca over and over. But Drance is an idiot if he thinks its even plausible to strip everything down after last Summer's acquisitions. Now with Hronek, its a retool or bust. Accept it and move on.

Hopefully they blacklist Drance from going anywhere near this club. Perhaps get a gag order going for him to never post anything Canucks related on media. Sue for defamation if he opens his mouth. He’s so insufferable it’s infuriating. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Another miserable season, worst than the last. 
We will end worse than last year and have continued to act like a contender off the ice. 
This summer will start to see more desperation as OEL isn’t going anywhere and Myers will be impossible to move. 
Unless we can move all of Beau, Brock and Garland don’t really see any significant UFAs.

I suspect we will see next years first fly out since the second is already gone to try to clear cap. 
I hope this management group can do some smart things but think the basic conceit they started from is flawed and so the path they chose is flawed and will be very limiting to what potential the EP/QH/Demko core could have had. 
They have done a nice job of finding some good prospects outside the draft which is a good thing since draft pics seem to hold very little value to them. 

Why will OEL still be here after the first buyout window? And Myers will be traded before the season starts. 
we are going to win tonight too. It’s fun watching us win. And we will get over 105 points next season. We are very close to being great like those Gillis teams. This management group is very much like Gillis. Benning is gone. 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

I was so excited for this season. I thought for sure we'd pick up where we left off last year. Sadly that poor start messed it all up again. I hope the players take the lesson this time and show up prepared to compete from Game 1 next year. We could be a dangerous team if we could find a way to be more consistent in our effort. 

That's my worry about next year. :(

3 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

JR was saying all summer long that we played too loose. He met often with Bruce to change the style of play. It took Tocchet and his staff to implement a better structure and insist guys all play the right way to see us do better.  No coaching bump like with Bruce. Better systems. 
Some posters here even think the new systems and style of play will benefit OEL and turn back the years on his clock. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's my worry about next year. :(

I strongly suspect that any player taking the summer off and not working on conditioning will (1) find a firmly planted size 12 boot up their rectum attached to Rick Tocchet's leg and (2) will be laminated to the press box prior to PA working the phones seeking to trade said player.

There appears to be a culture of accountability and structure being instilled in the team that appears to be working (in progress albeit) - see JT Miller for example. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

I strongly suspect that any player taking the summer off and not working on conditioning will (1) find a firmly planted size 12 boot up their rectum attached to Rick Tocchet's leg and (2) will be laminated to the press box prior to PA working the phones seeking to trade said player.

And if that out of shape, not committed player is again OEL? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Some posters here even think the new systems and style of play will benefit OEL and turn back the years on his clock. 

I'm one of them, especially if he has a decent partner for a change. He's not old yet, he's a bounce back candidate.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1