• Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Kraken in 4
    • Kraken in 5
    • Kraken in 6
    • Kraken in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2023 at 01:30 AM

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Kraken made zero trades at the trade deadline. They make it past the first round while still having four draft picks in the first two rounds of this year's draft.

and not a single player making over $6m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Kraken made zero trades at the trade deadline. They make it past the first round while still having four draft picks in the first two rounds of this year's draft.

The Seattle Model. 

Imagine spending all year focused on being a contender and getting bounced in the first round 

But, but, but ... the Canucks shouldn't even bother because they're not contenders and will only get beat in the first round.

Lol ... just like Boston and Colorado.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Devron said:

And people complain about just making the playoffs… once your in anything can happen 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, Bob.Loblaw said:

Probably a waste of 8 days

This was me two weeks ago.  I also mentioned somewhere that the Kraken are a pretty good team despite having shit goaltending (the worst of the playoff teams).  And the best player for Seattle this series was... GRUBAUER??  Madness.  I mean... we almost stole the series against Vegas despite being a vastly inferior team.

• Upvote 1

This Avs team wasn't playing that well throughout the regular season, you could say the result isn't surprising. Missing Landeskog, Nichushkin and Kadri is really exposing this Avs team. And Sakic being a cheapskate not buying at the TDL. Looks like some work to do on this team and no dynasty. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

This Avs team wasn't playing that well throughout the regular season, you could say the result isn't surprising. Missing Landeskog, Nichushkin and Kadri is really exposing this Avs team. And Sakic being a cheapskate not buying at the TDL. Looks like some work to do on this team and no dynasty. 

It wasn't that long ago the central was way better than the Pacific.  Starting to get swapped 

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Whatever stupidity Nich got himself involved in didn’t help matters for the Avs. Sakic has some interesting personnel decisions to make in the offseason.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nich playing elsewhere next year.

7 years left at just a shade over 6 mil/year for a 28 year old.  

Not sure if there'll be takers lining up around the block, but someone might pull the trigger. 

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m old enough to remember when people were comparing him to Bobby Orr.  He’s a great Dman, but not in the same stratosphere as Bobby…

That was last year and I remember replying to that posters post.

Bobby Orr changed how the game was played. 

No D- man, and only a handful of players are in Bobby's stratosphere. 

This is the same article I posted back then.

https://thehockeywriters.com/bobby-orrs-landmark-season/

• Cheers 2

This Avs team had no depth and it cost them. That's what happens when you don't acquire a proper 2C and had Landeskog injured. Makar and McKinnon can't win you a series by themselves. Justice for McCann after all.

I said this when the Kraken were drafted - look at that defence. That's how you build a winner. Let in just 1 goal in game 7 against the high-flying Avs, that's the only way you beat top teams - great goaltending but under-rated defence. Larsson played 27 minutes and just owned them. Dunn and Oleksiak were so solid too. Of course Grub played well but the D really shut down key opportunities and their forwards all defend first, score second.

Another team bumped from the playoffs who really should have overpaid us for Miller.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, McBackup said:

nana changing GIF

Anything can happen but they’re still significant outliers. That’s why it’s such a big deal when it happens. I want to see the Canucks build a serious contender not scrape into the playoffs and hope for the best because theoretically anything could happen. Maybe instead of going to work tomorrow I should just hang out on the street corner and beg for change because somebody might give me a million dollars.

Yep....it's the "just make the playoffs and anything can happen" mentality that's kept the Canucks in this perpetual cycle of mediocrity...

The last time they were a true contender, was on the backs of two high draft picks. Nothing wrong with trying to make the postseason, but moving futures to allow you to get over that hump is what causes the long term pain...

Jared McCann is a perfect example....

9 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not sure if there'll be takers lining up around the block, but someone might pull the trigger. 

Oof. 

9 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said: