The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trevor Linden speaks on Canucks captaincy and life after hockey

Rate this topic

Canuck You

I’ll probably get flamed for this but I always thought of Linden as the most over rated player (based on all the fandom on this site).

I won’t dispute his charitable work, but on the ice, he was not a great as folks remember him to be. 

He just barely makes my top 10:

1) Bure

2) Hank

3) Dank

4) Lui

5) Nassy

6) Petey

7) Hughes 

8) Bert

9) Kesler

10) Linden

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You must be 16 or something? Watch the '94 Cup run in it's entirety. If you do you might change your opinion. In my books Linden is still hand down the best Canuck of all time. 

No I’m almost 50 and yes I did watch that. I won’t dismiss some of his big games back then but my opinion still remains the same.

14 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No I’m almost 50 and yes I did watch that. I won’t dismiss some of his big games back then but my opinion still remains the same.

Fair enough. To each his own. All great Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I’ll probably get flamed for this but I always thought of Linden as the most over rated player (based on all the fandom on this site).

I won’t dispute his charitable work, but on the ice, he was not a great as folks remember him to be. 

1) Bure

2) Hank

3) Dank

4) Lui

5) Nassy

6) Petey

7) Hughes 

8) Bert

9) Kesler

10) Linden

I’m not far off your thinking here. Trevor was a very good player. But he’s not better than the HHOF guys. And Kessler won a Selke and was a tremendous shutdown centre. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m not far off your thinking here. Trevor was a very good player. But he’s not better than the HHOF guys. And Kessler won a Selke and was a tremendous shutdown centre. 

The real leader of the 2011 Era Vancouver canucks. Ryan Kesler. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alfies drunk early in the morning, Can't even spell Kesler's name right! :P

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

1) Bure

2) Hank

3) Dank

4) Lui

5) Nassy

6) Petey

7) Hughes 

8) Bert

9) Kesler

10) Linden

WTH's a "Nassy"?

"Nazzy"

Dissing Linden gets my hackles up. Don't even go there...reduce it to "charitable work". Right.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

1) Bure

2) Hank

3) Dank

4) Lui

5) Nassy

6) Petey

7) Hughes 

8) Bert

9) Kesler

10) Linden

“On the ice” Linden outproduced everyone on your list come playoff time.  Higher totals than any of them.  Although Bure Petey and Hughes have higher PPG (in the playoffs), Linden is on par with both Petey and Hughes if you look at the same ages.  Linden didn’t get his points in the bubble though.

Playoffs are where it matters most and Trev was every bit as good as people remember him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, grandmaster said:

1) Bure

2) Hank

3) Dank

4) Lui

5) Nassy

6) Petey

7) Hughes 

8) Bert

9) Kesler

10) Linden

Kirk McLean well before lui. 1 defense man from the most recent era? Lumme babych Hedican  Diduck And no tony tanti ? Or Thomas gradin. Your lack of opinion with the players in the era these players played in coupled with you saying your almost 50. Would have made you around 10 years old at the time, so the lack of opinion is understandable. The 94 series both teams were stacked. And arguably both were tougher teams than the 2011 series. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Kirk McLean well before lui. 1 defense man from the most recent era? Lumme babych Hedican  Diduck And no tony tanti ? Or Thomas gradin. Your lack of opinion with the players in the era these players played in coupled with you saying your almost 50. Would have made you around 10 years old at the time, so the lack of opinion is understandable. The 94 series both teams were stacked. And arguably both were tougher teams than the 2011 series. 

Nope. Not sorry either. Lui was the greatest goalie we EVER had and earned every record he broke. 

Never saw Tanti or Gradin play. Before my time I became a Canucks fan (began in the early 90’s).

Sadly, imo, QH is the only defender I recognize in the top 10.