The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Players Will Not Extend in Calgary, Expected to be Traded

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Is Lindholm ready to take on 3C for us til Räty comes up to 3C and Lindholm let Miller be an olderman on the wing instead?

If we somehow got Lindholm he’d be in the top 6. Probably with Petey as I see them having great chemistry. He can win draws as a righty and swap to wing after the draw helping Petey line win possession more. 

Teams wouldn’t know who to cover as all 3 of Kuzy, Petey and Lindholm are 30+ goal threats 

He’s more physical and better defensively than Mikheyev and has shown to produce at a ppg before. Can play wing and C

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Is Lindholm ready to take on 3C for us til Räty comes up to 3C and Lindholm let Miller be an olderman on the wing instead?

Lindholm is a very solid top 6, if not 1st line forward. Backlund on the other hand as our 3C could make sense…

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

everyone's jumping ship in cowtown.

Calgary will have a lot of tough moves to make. They are essentially over the cap by just running it back.  

Love hanifin but cost to acquire would be more than Id be willing to stomach given the UFA class this year. Our offer will most certainly be outmatched. 

However, given the desire to bring back Schenn, why not bring back Tanev as Hughes partner instead. Tanev could still play 18-20 minutes alongside Hughes and improve our PK. I believe the salaries are almost even. With Pearson coming back, there is a greater need to move one of Garland or Beauvillier. 

Tanev and a 4th

for

Garland/Beuavillier and Rathbone.

We could still go out and get Schenn to play 3rd pair. I also feel Wolanin needs to be given a shot with the big club. One of the top defenseman in the AHL last season and looked good with the big club late in the season. Hirose may not be ready for top 4 minutes but would love to see him get a shot out of training camp. Tanev would be a great mentor for him.

Sign Barbashev to a 4 year/20 million deal to play 3C until Raty is ready and then can move him to the wing. 

Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikhayev 

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Joshua Barbashev Podkolzin

Karlsson  Aman  Pearson

Hughes Tanev (20-24 min)

Hirose  Hronek (18-22 min) 

Wolanin Schenn (10-14 min) 

Juulsen

Demko 

Silovs

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’m sure some have heard this story, but during my teen years, I live near Calgary and everyone I knew loved the flames.  
I’m a born and raised Canucks fan.  

For 25 years now, I get phone calls at midnight every time the flames beat us, just shit talking me and the team so hard. 

Long story short, I hate the Flames, the city of Calgary, and everyone in it, and that includes life long best friends.   They are awful folks.  

If being a flames fan was a race, I’d be running around in a cloak and a hood. 

This implosion is so wonderful.   
I can’t wait to make a bunch of midnight phone calls. 

flame fans are so insecure. 

28 minutes ago, chon derry said:

With what’s happening in Winnipeg and now Calgary it’s not good. 

That's how I see it.

I look and see other teams like the Panthers going younger.Here we are but yet sign Miller long term.

I really think if we can get a good trade for him and make a deal or deals to get a player like Laf out of the NYR you just do it.

Keep the team young and make changes after.