The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Players Will Not Extend in Calgary, Expected to be Traded

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

Is it worth approaching NJD for a sign and trade like the Severson deal?

Depends on the cost. I wouldn’t do the 3rd round pick. But I would be okay with one of our 4th round picks. As long as Allvin thinks he can sign him then it’s probably a good move to have a week or two to hammer out a deal before there is a free for all. 

Allain Roy is the agent for Ryan Graves. He’s also the agent for Akito Hirose and Cole McWard. So Allvin has just recently done some business with him. He’s also the agent for Nils Höglander. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Canucksdaily reporting a crazy, unbelievable offer for Hanifin. 
‘Garland (1M retained), Hoglander, 11th OA, 3rd and 2X4ths. 
Ridiculous crap that. 

Yeah I saw that. 

Agreed. Too much. 

Another example of how we rocked that Hronek trade.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Ridiculous crap that. 
(Also that we are in for sign and trade for Barbashev extended for 8)

I like that it sounds we are being aggressive don’t believe the first though. 

What kind of stupid garbage is that?

He is a UFA in one year and won't re-sign in Calgary so why would he re-sign here?

So we give up garland and retain a million to go with OEL's dead cap meaning $3+ million this year and almost $6 million for the following two seasons in worthless dead cap when Hronek and Pettersson need new contracts and when our entire blue line doesn't exist and every bottom 6 player and RFA in the club needs new contracts + our best and probably only NHL ready prospect in Hoglander the 11th OA a 3rd AND 2 of our 4ths?

I mean there's bad and then there's this

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

41 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Ridiculous crap that. 

I like that it sounds we are being aggressive don’t believe the first thought. 

… it makes no sense in the current NHL market  to be adding cap for players and giving up assets to do it.

There are UFAs soon and a lot of RFAs and pampers who will shake out due to cap considerations.  These are going to be decent players.  There are even D that will be available because of cap… don’t go and blow our newfound cap space and few remaining trade assets on players that aren’t going to move the needle.

The sign and trade for Barbashev isn’t a bad idea if part of the deal is being able to talk to him to get a contract worked out.  Late round picks are currency for this sort of thing.

Edited by Provost

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Ridiculous crap that. 

Besides the fact none of this makes sense for us where are you seeing this?

Edit: I might do that Hanifin deal if he comes with an extension, but we cannot be giving eight year deals to guys like Barbashev, and he’s one of the guys I want. 

Edited by Pears

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

Besides the fact none of this makes sense for us where are you seeing this?

First word in the post, Canucks daily. 
It doesn’t make sense to you but now shift your thinking to that of an elderly President and and owner saying playoffs now! It suddenly does make sense in a sick Canuckian kind of way. 

First thing you would need to find out is if he would resign, and how much. Not worth it if he is asking for an inflated number.

If that checks out, I would do Garland, Rathbone and a 1st next year for Hanifin and a 3rd next year. Not sure they accept, but that's about as much as I would offer.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

17 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

First thing you would need to find out is if he would resign, and how much

This for sure. Just a hunch, but this may be another American that doesn't want to play in Canada with our taxes, rules. 

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

First thing you would need to find out is if he would resign, and how much. Not worth it if he is asking for an inflated number.

If that checks out, I would do Garland, Rathbone and a 1st next year for Hanifin and a 3rd next year. Not sure they accept, but that's about as much as I would offer.

Zero chance we trade for him without an extension.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Ridiculous crap that. 

Barbashev is only 27 years old.  He is build for the playoffs.  Get rid of some of the soft forwards on the Canucks.

22 games 7g 11a 18pts  +14  64HITS

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Barbashev is only 27 years old.  He is build for the playoffs.  Get rid of some of the soft forwards on the Canucks.

22 games 7g 11a 18pts  +14  64HITS

If the price is fair and the sign and trade doesn’t cost too much I am not opposed to Barbashev but still want to know what EP’s deal is going to look like before adding any long term money. 
EP may be a skinny guy but his D(eal) with have length and girth.  Always need to be prepared for something like that. 

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

This is a trend im actually really happy with

considering how many good players are coming out of Vancouver

if this trend of players dictating the team continues

we're gonna have an avalanche of talent coming our way in 5+ years

Canadian players also tend to like America. Lol. Less eyes on them and better taxes. Better weather too if you can manage a nice sunny city.

hard to imagine Calgary trading such an imapctful prime position with us. And why’s he want out of Calgary? Would he even resign here?

Hughes-

Hanifin-Hronek

We’d have to draft a RHD for Hughes who’s name starts with an H? bear / woo / wallinder / Reinbacher / Johansson / Myers etc none of these names will do..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

hard to imagine Calgary trading such an imapctful prime position with us. And why’s he want out of Calgary? Would he even resign here?

Hughes-

Hanifin-Hronek

We’d have to draft a RHD for Hughes who’s name starts with an H? bear / woo / wallinder / Reinbacher / Johansson / Myers etc none of these names will do..

Can Hirose play the right side??

• There it is 1

Hanifin no; Graves yes (depending on the price). Given Hughes/Hronek I think Hanifin would be going a little too big. I don't think they need as strong an offensive player as him behind Hughes/Hronek. He is a good player, just not sure if he's an ideal/appropriate fit as a player or contractually.

Edited by BlastPast
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

26 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Hanifin no; Graves yes (depending on the price). Given Hughes/Hronek I think Hanifin would be going a little too big. I don't think they need as strong an offensive player as him behind Hughes/Hronek. He is a good player, just not sure if he's an ideal/appropriate fit as a player or contractually.

This. Decent player, but not what we need.