The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Allvin media availability

Rate this topic

Baratheon

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

How about we trade him for another overpriced player at a premium position. I liked the idea of a trade for Ryan Johansen.

Basically Brock+1.3M in cap space for Ryan Johansen.

Big Right hand centre, local guy, good on faceoffs.  Works for 3rd line or shifting JT back to wing. Contract is 2 years so ends when we need it to.  The cap difference is less than we save by not qualifying Bear. 
Brock is younger, cheaper better playmaker and would probably be a really good fit in Nashville. 
Cap redistributed from wing to C and much better balanced lineup. Still need to move Beau or Garland though. 

Works for us, but doesn't work for NAS.  They don't have a need for Brock.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser has 2 years left. My guess is they trade him at the 2025 TDL

They need to try and trade Garland and Beauvillier.

Beauvillier might be the easier one to move.  Only 1 year left on his deal. 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Beauvillier might be the easier one to move.  Only 1 year left on his deal. 

Move them one year at a time as each one has an expiring contract?  Probably maximizes their value but idk if it works for us in terms of timing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Baratheon said:

Move them one year at a time as each one has an expiring contract?  Probably maximizes their value but idk if it works for us in terms of timing. 

This coming year's TDL would mean Beauvillier and Myers could be off the books.  If the goal is just to make the playoffs this year, we could probably lose both of them at the TDL and not miss them too much.  If we're not in a playoff position by the TDL, we're pretty screwed anyways.

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Says he's been getting calls on the 11th overall pick and is looking at ways to move up in the draft to get the guy that they want!

Lol... Good thing we fired our coach mid season, overworked our stars, and shot up the standings whilst having no chance at making the playoffs.  Let's trade a bunch of picks to move up 3-4 spots!!!

• Haha 3
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Works for us, but doesn't work for NAS.  They don't have a need for Brock.

they look pretty thin on wing and lacking in scoring while Trotz has said they want to play more uptempo exciting game. Think Brock is a good fit there. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

they look pretty thin on wing and lacking in scoring while Trotz has said they want to play more uptempo exciting game. Think Brock is a good fit there. 

Uptempo and Brock don't go together haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, something needs to be done.

But what's management's succession plan? 

As I see it now, there isn't one. 

Clearly Dreis, PDG, Aman, Studincka, McDonough, Karlsson, ect...are NOT the answer. 

Podz, Hogs, Klimo, Lekk, Raty....I want them to pan out, but I'm not banking on it. 

They really, really need to hit on some picks this year - with our cap issues we absolutely need guys that are on ELC to contribute meaningful minutes next few seasons to buy us some time to get financially sorted. 

Athletic just dropped a “teams that should trade for Brock Boeser” piece - it’s just some summer fodder but there’s people out there looking to buy low on the guy.

While PA isn’t looking to move him, you know there’s people around the league window shopping if not kicking the tires just yet.

Im happy to keep Brock for the same reasons other teams might be interested.  But same goes for Garland even though he’s the guy PA seems to want to move on from. 

Could be a huge summer.

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Do you really feel that 18 goals and 55 points for $6.65M is what teams are shopping for? 

Looking at forwards around his age making between $6M and $7M:

Connor - 26yo - $7.1M = 31 goals 80 points

Thompson - 25yo - $7.1M = 47 goals 94 points

Nylander - 27yo - $7M = 40 goals 87 points

Boeser - 26yo - $6.65M = 18 goals 55 points

Reinhart - 27yo - $6.5M = 31 goals 67 points

Guentzel - 28yo - $6M = 36 goals 73 points

Pretty darn obvious Boeser is overpaid at the moment given his production in comparison to others around his age range and cap hit.

Horvat was averaging about 55 points a season...until his freak retirement contract year.  Horvat was a bigger top center, and good on faceoffs, so he is a more valuable player than Boeser, but it makes you shake your head how Lamoriello would pay that kind of money and term for a player who will most likely fall back to his normal point average.....and decline.  I respected JR put his foot down about offering a contract mostly based on his past numbers.  I think we escaped another disaster when Bo turned his nose up at 7 x 7, if that was his last offer.

I know the reason we signed Mik was to help the penalty kill. But I think they could have looked for a cheaper option.

Sadly the team still should be trying to offload some of our forwards. Even for defensive prospects.

I know I've said this before and it's probably too late now. But the team really should be completely restarted, and get rid of everyone. I don't think the issues with this team will be fixed before Petey looks at a new contract. And I'm not really sure the team is moving ahead enough to be competitive for him.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • elephant 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't care how attached some folks have gotten to Beauvillier, he's the easiest wing the move given his cap hit and this being the final year of his contract. He's a low commitment acquisition. 

As for Boeser, he's on a shorter term deal, it makes more sense to try and rehabilitate his value. He can always be traded at a later date if management doesn't see him as being part of their longer term plans. Makes more sense than potentially paying to dump him.

In the meantime he can probably be productive, overpaid but productive. We still have time to re-evaluate where he fits on this roster going forward.

Edited by Coconuts

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know the reason we signed Mik was to help the penalty kill. But I think they could have looked for a cheaper option.

Sadly the team still should be trying to offload some of our forwards. Even for defensive prospects.

I know I've said this before and it's probably too late now. But the team really should be completely restarted, and get rid of everyone. I don't think the issues with this team will be fixed before Petey looks at a new contract. And I'm not really sure the team is moving ahead enough to be competitive for him.

I think the intention was right but Kuzdaddy amirite

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Sounds like Myers is sticking around for at least the beginning of the season as PA says he expects him to be a part of the team. Of course “part of the team” could imply part of a trade?:ph34r:

No-god-please-no GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If you're going to keep Myers at least keep him on the third line..........IN ABBOTSFORD!!!!!

Edited by Bure2Win
  • Haha 3