The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Erik Karlsson opens up about trade request: ‘There’s a lot of teams that want to do it’

1 hour ago, dougieL said:

From Drance, who voted Karlsson for the Norris (paraphrasing): thought Karlsson deserved the Norris because he outscored McDavid 5v5, but Hughes' all-around game matters more. Hughes is just better, controls the game more, and there is no dman in the Pacific that measures up to him. 

Drance insinuated that?  Then why didn't he just put Hughes as his #1 vote?  What the heck?

• There it is 1

23 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Drance insinuated that?  Then why didn't he just put Hughes as his #1 vote?  What the heck?

He didn't insinuate it. He literally said it.

I can't speak for Drance, but I mentioned the reason he gave for giving Karlsson his vote in that paraphrasing.

There are very likely other dmen that he thinks are better than Hughes. He was just comparing Hughes to the other Pacific division dmen.

While he thinks Hughes is a better all-around dman than Karlsson, as you know, the Norris hasn't always gone to the best all-around dman.

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Just wanted to clarify - everything I wrote in that post was a paraphrasing of what Drance said on his show. None of that was my own opinion.

On 6/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Subban was straight up dominant that year and again you just seem to see points = liability. 

sorry havent been on a while but this one stood out... I was so happy to see Subban play 2 full minutes on PP because our PK was awesome... and when he never left the ice on the PK we scored alot on our second PP unit.

On 6/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, The Arrogant Worms said:

Luke Fox is at it again lol

Why Maple Leafs should try to make an Erik Karlsson trade work

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/why-maple-leafs-should-try-to-make-an-erik-karlsson-trade-work/

Jesus always the leafs and how will they make it work with the cap? i smell some dirty pool BS if it is true and something might happen

Kyle Dubas Still Pursuing Erik Karlsson in Trade for the Penguins (msn.com)

Despite recent signings on the defensive front, Dubas reportedly continues to pursue Karlsson. One of the significant reasons for their interest lies in Karlsson’s potential to revitalize the team’s underachieving power play, which has struggled for quite some time. Karlsson’s arrival would provide the Penguins with a reliable point man, known for his exceptional distribution and playmaking abilities. His presence would greatly benefit the team’s zone entries and enhance the overall performance of the power play unit.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kyle Dubas Still Pursuing Erik Karlsson in Trade for the Penguins (msn.com)

Despite recent signings on the defensive front, Dubas reportedly continues to pursue Karlsson. One of the significant reasons for their interest lies in Karlsson’s potential to revitalize the team’s underachieving power play, which has struggled for quite some time. Karlsson’s arrival would provide the Penguins with a reliable point man, known for his exceptional distribution and playmaking abilities. His presence would greatly benefit the team’s zone entries and enhance the overall performance of the power play unit.

Sounds like BS. A GM talking , on the record, specifically about a player under contract to another team as a trade target is tampering.  Just ask Benning how that worked out for him when he expressed interest in Subban and Stamkos 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Would they do Eriksson for Myers + Brock? Serious here. I know I know we would have Eriksson for 11.5 for 2 years the same years as the big OEL penalty. I feel like at that point we should be getting a big push from our pipeline. Guys like Lekkerimaki, Wally, D Petey, Bains, Raty, Klim, Bloom and the cap going up we should be able to make it work. 

Sousy Karlsson

Hughes Cole

Brisbois Hronek

With some good depth in Hirose, McWard, Johansen, Wolainen, Woo, Rathbone, Juulson. 

We could play track meets. And still have a respectable PK with Sousy, Cole, Breezer back there. It's not really conventional but in true Canuck fashion we would be a hell of a regular season team. Probably draw a lot of PPs catching guys flat footed. 

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Would they do Eriksson for Myers + Brock? Serious here. I know I know we would have Eriksson for 11.5 for 2 years the same years as the big OEL penalty. I feel like at that point we should be getting a big push from our pipeline. Guys like Lekkerimaki, Wally, D Petey, Bains, Raty, Klim, Bloom and the cap going up we should be able to make it work. 

Sousy Karlsson

Hughes Cole

Brisbois Hronek

With some good depth in Hirose, McWard, Johansen, Wolainen, Woo, Rathbone, Juulson. 

We could play track meets. And still have a respectable PK with Sousy, Cole, Breezer back there. It's not really conventional but in true Canuck fashion we would be a hell of a regular season team. Probably draw a lot of PPs catching guys flat footed. 

Willander and DPetey says hi

But why, The Avalanche are probably the only team that need him less than us.

We traded a fortune for OEL a player that needed the same opportunities that Quinn had taken.  Now we should add Karlsson, a player that needs the same opportunities that Quinn controls.

Would be crazy fun D to watch though.

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Willander and DPetey says hi

What do they have to say? 

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

What do they have to say? 

Sorry, you meant this season with Brisebois on the left side.

I thought of two years forward when Willander and DPetey is on the team and the OEL penalty is worst.

Sousy Karlsson

Hughes Hronek

DPetey. Willander

is there any team in NHL with a better RHD side than  that?

Edited by Timråfan