The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aiden Celebrini | D

We got him.  next year we draft a Bedard.

So in 3 years when Macklin Celebrini and Connor Bedard come here with Chicago they see their last names on Canucks jerseys in the stands and can pretend they got drafted by us instead of the wart of the original 6

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Nice pick probably for the BC connection but also to have someone playing with Willander. I think we know Aiden will probably never play in the NHL but nice to have him in the organization.

I don't think they waste a pick so their 1st rounder has a fellow draft pick buddy at college.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Nice pick probably for the BC connection but also to have someone playing with Willander. I think we know Aiden will probably never play in the NHL but nice to have him in the organization.

Never say never

• Thanks 1

I love this pick in this spot. I feel he will be incredibly motivated to become a better hockey player so he can play in the NHL like his bother. His brother will push and support him as well. His skills might not be there yet and he knows it but now he has a change to play for the NHL team he grew up watching and earn his spot the hard way. Its gonna be a good journey for Aiden. Next year will be all about Macklin who will probably go to San Jose or Chicago. Defense usually take longer to develop but if he can figure out a way to make his skills work at the NHL level and show value then he can earn a spot even as 3rd line RD and Im sure his family would all be very proud of him.  

Interesting comment from Chris Faber today:

"Aiden Celebrini certainly looks like a kid of a sports performance coach. Aiden was always the first to go in drills and spent a lot of time talking with coaches and making sure everyone was in the right place for said drills".

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I mean just because his brother projects to be a star doesn’t mean he will be but man what an awesome guy to get in the 6th round.

Going to a great program and comes from an awesome sports family. I take a chance on a player like that all day long!

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean just because his brother projects to be a star doesn’t mean he will be but man what an awesome guy to get in the 6th round.

Going to a great program and comes from an awesome sports family. I take a chance on a player like that all day long!

Local kid too. It’s so nice to see this new management building our prospect pool while building out our big club roster at the same time. No more Benning. :picard:

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Local kid too. It’s so nice to see this new management building our prospect pool while building out our big club roster at the same time. No more Benning. :picard:

Definitely.

He’ll get to develop some off ice chemistry with Willander too whos also going to BU.

And of course it doesn’t hurt to have your superstar brother to play with!

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

I don’t think he should be written off yet, just because he won’t be a star like his brother. He’s going to play for a good program and develop skills. He could easily turn into a regular bottom pairing defenceman at the NHL level or maybe a solid defensive defenceman who plays on the 2nd pair and PK. We just don’t know yet.