The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Evan Bouchard looking at signing a bridge deal with Edmonton

Oilers: Important Update on Evan Bouchard Contract Talks - The Hockey News Edmonton Oilers News, Analysis and More

In a recent episode of the 32 Thoughts podcast, prominent NHL insider Elliotte Friedman reported that he heard Bouchard's next contract could be a two-year deal with a cap hit between $3.5 million and $4 million.

Not sure where I saw it, but there was a rumour about Canucks possibly offer sheeting an RFA, and Bouchard's name was mentioned. Grain of salt.

But I mean, I wouldn't hate it

Hughes - Bouchard

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose

Trade Myers at the 2024 TDL, he'll be worth a lot seeing as he'll only be making a million next season.

I hope they bridge him or even do a one year deal.  

His value will get boosted like crazy by playing with McDrai. No way they can keep him on his next deal. 

19 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'd much rather see a defensive D with Hughes. Bouchard is trash in his own end 

Agreed.  Bouchard really needs to go back to the AHL and stay there until he decides to start trying to stop hurting his teammates with his refusal to learn how to play defence.  There's no spot on a legitimate NHL roster for a defenceman who can't play defence.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

I still kinda want to see someone grow a set and send Bouchard an offer sheet. Either cripple Edmonton’s salary cap or they lose a blossoming top 4 RD. 

Speaking of offer sheets, I'd love it for a team to put one in on Samsonov. If both of these things happen, the offseason will have been a major success.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure where I saw it, but there was a rumour about Canucks possibly offer sheeting an RFA, and Bouchard's name was mentioned. Grain of salt.

Hughes - Bouchard

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose

Trade Myers at the 2024 TDL, he'll be worth a lot seeing as he'll only be making a million next season.

Bouchard would be the worst Dman to partner with Hughes.  I'd rather he play with Juulsen for 2 years until Willander is ready to go...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes - Bouchard

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose

A Hughes-Bouchard pairing would be frightening defensively. Hughes is fine as long as you don't ask him to cover other people's mistakes. Pairing him with Bouchard would be the all offense zero defense pairing. 

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes - Bouchard

Soucy - Hronek

Cole - Myers

Hirose

We would need to offer $4.3 mil and our 1st and third.

If we had our second we could offer him around $3.5 - 4

2 hours ago, Pears said:

I still kinda want to see someone grow a set and send Bouchard an offer sheet. Either cripple Edmonton’s salary cap or they lose a blossoming top 4 RD. 

With how tight cap is, I doubt we see many/any offer sheets until cap starts going back up (and they were pretty rare to begin with). That can easily come back to bite you in the ass with retaliatory offer sheets. 

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

With how tight cap is, I doubt we see many/any offer sheets until cap starts going back up (and they were pretty rare to begin with). That can easily come back to bite you in the ass with retaliatory offer sheets. 

Yeah, teams did probably take note of the Aho/Kotkaniemi saga.