The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Carolina looking to make major moves

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We can't send picks and prospects... for cap reasons? :blink: That makes like no sense.

We may very well be on his NT list, who knows? Maybe he loves the idea of playing top pair with Hughes until he retires? I'm not going to pretend I know what's in his head.

They can't take cap back without sending cap the other way

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

They can't take cap back without sending cap the other way

The post you literally first quoted...

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Depends on what they do with the cap space. Move Garland to add Pesce....? Maybe.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

based on majority of americans have most canadian city on their NTC on top of vancouver not a contending team? 

So, let me break it down. 

The majority of Americans (meaning American players presumably) have most Canadian cities on their no trade clause (list, I presume). And you have corroborating evidence to back up this claim?

And Vancouver, while being a non-contending team for a few years now, is on that list? Once again, where is the proof?

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The post you literally first quoted...

And I said they won't want anything Van has, you said picks/prospects and I said that won't work for cap reasons.  I never included Garland in that because why would Carolina want him?

• Cheers 1

In the terms of cost for young(ish) defenceman, we payed a 1st and second last year. 
If Pesche is around the value of Hronek AND you need them to take a contract you assume your price in prospects/picks goes up. 
Garland and next years first doesn’t get it done. You feel like we are short the equivalent of another first and that isn’t worth it. Only if you could use Rathbone or Hogz as sweeteners but no team in their right mind would take two 5’8” wingers for a quality right D. 

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Which the Canucks can't do for cap reasons.  I'm betting they're on Pesces no trade list anyway.  Canucks aren't getting pesce

Vancouver is more often than not, not on NT lists for Canadian teams, and you have zero evidence Pesce has Van on his to be speaking in absolutes.

Edited by canuck73_3

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

At 4M this year I don’t think he’ll have an extreme lack of suitors. He’s not that pricey and if a team really wanted him they could spend the assets to move cap and acquire.  Teams could look at him like a rental two. 

He’s a solid RD and those don’t grow on trees or are often readily available like this. 

The two factors are contractual demands after this season and his NTC. 

The 15 team NTC is a rough factor for the Canes. Like many teams wanting him they might not even be one able to trade for him. 

Teams that are looking for long-term RD could potentially be weary of what his contractual demands are.

On a side note. 

We’ve also been linked to Sanheim too and he has a full NTC but Flyers are in a rebuilding/selling situation. They’re more handicapped moving him. 

He’s more of a two-way D with some puck-moving talent. Solid even-strength numbers. Is only 27 so probably 6 good years out of his 8 year deal. 

Still Sanheim is a pretty good top 4 LD and I think playing with Hronek would be an upgrade on Risto. 

Could contain: Person, Text, Face, Head

More opportunity to get rid of more cap as well as maybe look at Laughton. Would cost us though. 

I wouldn't mind Sanhiem, but he's basically OEL at 1M less. Considering how much the fan base despised OEL I'm not sure Sanhiem would get treated much better. If the Flyers threw in Laughton as a sweetener for someone to take Sanheim I'd be all over that but I think they like Laughton too much and it would cost us too much.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

And I said they won't want anything Van has, you said picks/prospects and I said that won't work for cap reasons.  I never included Garland in that because why would Carolina want him?

We move Garland in a seperate deal. Clear the cap. Send picks/prospects to CAR for Pesce.

Should I draw a picture? :P

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We move Garland in a seperate deal. Clear the cap. Send picks/prospects to CAR for Pesce.

Should I draw a picture? :P

You don't think they'd have done that already if it were that simple?

Given that a few of the free agent signings have been in the $4.1-5.0 million range?

Is it too out of line to think there's a market for Garland and Beau?

I'm not saying a 1st round pick. But would a 3rd rounder, or an underachieving Centre/D-man earning $2 million be out of line?

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I wouldn't mind Sanhiem, but he's basically OEL at 1M less. Considering how much the fan base despised OEL I'm not sure Sanhiem would get treated much better. If the Flyers threw in Laughton as a sweetener for someone to take Sanheim I'd be all over that but I think they like Laughton too much and it would cost us too much.

I think he’s been better than what we’ve seen out of OEL during his time here. He was trending upwards but I haven’t seen this years WAR(he’s been on a crap team last season). He’s played good with Risto who’s been inconsistent throughout his career. He doesn’t need PP time to get the most out of him either. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

They brought in a new coach named BB and surprise, surprise the team played better-until they didn't.

now they brought in another new coach, and the team played better-but for how long?

The additions of Foote and Gonchar could be the reason our pk and pp have a chance to be top 10 in the league. Let’s hope the boys get off to a good start in both those departments and play some meaningful hockey late in the season. Rather than be out of the race come December. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

The additions of Foote and Gonchar could be the reason our pk and pp have a chance to be top 10 in the league. Let’s hope the boys get off to a good start in both those departments and play some meaningful hockey late in the season. Rather than be out of the race come December. 

Tank-erini for Celebrini. Brother powers unite!