The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Derek Clancey no longer Canucks assistant GM, joins the Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Toronto needed to rebuild their scouting department after Dubas drove away all the qualified hockey people.  I doubt they're done now that they have a real GM.

The Leafs, under Dubas, made some very good (value) picks later in round one. Sandin and Liljegrin come to mind. And that Knies guy too. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The Leafs, under Dubas, made some very good (value) picks later in round one. Sandin and Liljegrin come to mind. And that Knies guy too. 

Sandin and Liljigren both are unable to play their positions and have no place on a legitimate NHL roster.  These pylons are prime examples of what happens when you allow an unqualified analytics dweeb to make hockey decisions.  I wouldn't call AHL trash good value.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sandin and Liljigren both are unable to play their positions and have no place on a legitimate NHL roster.  These pylons are prime examples of what happens when you allow an unqualified analytics dweeb to make hockey decisions.  I wouldn't call AHL trash good value.

Alf puts it on a tee and King never fails to smash it out of the park! 
King is the best! :lol:

• Haha 3

We only have 1x GM, and NOW 2x AGM ( which are cammi and emille ) , ryan johnson is a AGM but hes more involved with addotsford canucks , so ya we should be fine with 2 AGM

This is looking at the canucks front page under team > Hockey Operations 

Hockey Operations | Vancouver Canucks (nhl.com)

Edited by Tinky-Winky

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's funny how the Leafs media are framing this ...

Brad Treliving hires 3x Cup champion Derek Clancey as new Maple Leafs Assistant General Manager

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2023/07/18/brad-treliving-hires-3x-cup-champion-derek-clancey-as-new-assistant-general-manager/

Well, it doesn’t say Stanley cup. It could be the cup from the video with 2 girls.

• There it is 1

34 minutes ago, Tinky-Winky said:

We only have 1x GM, and NOW 2x AGM ( which are cammi and emille ) , ryan johnson is a AGM but hes more involved with addotsford canucks , so ya we should be fine with 2 AGM

This is looking at the canucks front page under team > Hockey Operations 

Hockey Operations | Vancouver Canucks (nhl.com)

But the front office also has vp hockey ops Stan smyl, director of player personnel Scott Young, senior advisor Dale talon, and Ryan johnson and higgins on the player development side. Scott, Dale, Ryan or Chris could be made AGMs. The front office is sizeable compared to the 3-4 under benning

I am surprised that the Canucks allowed Clancey to take a lateral position with another NHL franchise. I would’ve thought they’d decline to let him out of his contract but I guess letting him do this gives them good will around the league with future hires.

That said, the Canucks have Rutherford as President, Allvin as GM, and Castonguay, Granato, and Johnson as AGM’s. I wonder if one of the scouts or analytics guys gets a promotion this year internally. Could see that happening. 

Honestly, it’s time to get Jannik Hansen into the organization.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I am surprised that the Canucks allowed Clancey to take a lateral position with another NHL franchise. I would’ve thought they’d decline to let him out of his contract but I guess letting him do this gives them good will around the league with future hires.

That said, the Canucks have Rutherford as President, Allvin as GM, and Castonguay, Granato, and Johnson as AGM’s. I wonder if one of the scouts or analytics guys gets a promotion this year internally. Could see that happening. 

Honestly, it’s time to get Jannik Hansen into the organization.

Kevin Bieksa would be my choice if he was interested in the job