The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden and the Stanley Cup Finals Game 6 phantom menace

Rate this topic

Slegr

Looked at the play develop at 0.25 playback speed.

1:34:21, you see Graves chasing down a puck, who then goes down low after Mclean clears the puck to the side. After, you see the other rangers come into the zone briefly before leaving, with none of them getting out of the sight of the camera, except Graves who is still down low.

F*** Messier and f*** Graves too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Just hearing "Linden" still to this very day gives me chills.  

Still the best captain the Canucks have had, in my opinion.

Now here’s a question for folks: Who was the better Canuck captain: Markus Naslund or Bo Horvat?

I’ll tell you for free that i’d put Nazzy ahead of Bo.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Now here’s a question for folks: Who was the better Canuck captain: Markus Naslund or Bo Horvat?

Naslund was underrated.   The team loved him and played their hearts out for him.

No one will come close to Linden. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

Aside from Bruins fans, who the hell thinks Marchand is a hero? I’m pretty sure he’s disliked league wide.

Also, Bertuzzi legitimately caused an assault and ended a guys career. He literally stalked the guy the whole shift, wanting another fight, and when he didn’t get his way. He blindsided him with a punch to the temple. Looking back, the whole Free Bertuzzi campaign (which sadly I was apart of), was dumb. Loved Bertuzzi, but the punishment he got was deserving.

Bert took things into his own hands when the league didn't do there job when Moore hit naslund.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I doubt that Messier did any damge to Linden.  Linden was on his knees and crawling to the bench after he was blindsided.  How could Messier break his ribs if Linden was already down on the ice on his knees and crawling to the bench?  All we hear is Robson saying Messier hit Linden while he was down on the ice.  It could have been a love tap for all we know.  The initial hit to the head was what made Linden go down to the ice in the first place.  Remember when Tkachuk was hit hard this year?  It broke his sternum.  Most likely Linden was hurt from the initial hit.  It was a forward that hit him as the puck was in the offensive zone for the Rangers.  The guy was a left shot.  I believe it was Stephane Matteau.  You can see Matteau on the ice after the hit.  

This video is more clear, just fast forward to the end of the video and the last minute of the game.  John Davidson also comments that Messier hit Linden...

EDIT:  After watching again, It might have been Adam Graves that hit him.  I see him in the offensive zone and on the ice at the time of the hit.  Also, my question would be why does Pat Quinn have Linden on the ice during the last minute of the game when the score is 4-1?  Why not have the 4th line out there?  I'm sorry but that was a big mistake by Pat Quinn...

You can see Linden and Messier exchanging *very light* stick taps prior to 1:34:36, then someone coming and knocking Linden down. At the same time Messier is in the offensive zone, then circles back to the blue line / neutral zone toward Linden, who is clearly in some kind of distress. Just as the camera pans away, it's pretty clear that Linden is given another shot by Messier that the crowd did not like. Not sure how egregious that shot by Messier was, but I'm not sure any Canucks fan needs any more reason to dislike that absolute turd.

Edited by dougieL
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Slegr said:

I'd take Naslund over Bo, any day. 

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pat. Honestly of all the players to sign here as a free agent? Why did you sign that scumbag to the team?

Pat's worst move as a GM. And it cost him his job.

Which in my mind makes Mr. Lays a bigger creep.

Pretty sure it was ownership who wanted Pat to bring him in. 

I remember Pat wanting to bring Gretzky in the year before and ownership messed that up. 

• There it is 1

7 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

Pretty sure it was ownership who wanted Pat to bring him in. 

I remember Pat wanting to bring Gretzky in the year before and ownership messed that up. 

McCammon.   Biggest mistake ever.  Meddling fools.    Gretzky thought it was a done deal.   Woke him up with some sort of ultimatum, he wasn't going to call his wife and give her the news then.   Even woke up the next day hoping he could still sign.   Instead the Canucks faxed the league letting them know they would no longer be doing it ... Rangers called right away and the rest is history.   Classless way to treat any player.     Gretz and Mess battled it out with PHI... and then the next thing you know the back-up plan was the enemy. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Why? Why do you people continue to dredge up the pond scum that is he who shall not be named? 

I try hard to forget he played for the Nux and at least once a year someone has to bring it up and remind me that he spent time wearing our jersey. Then it takes me days, sometimes weeks, to get back to a  mentally safe space where the memory of those 3 years never happened.

How about we try this; the next time you get the inclination to post anything to do with that waste of oxygen, you think twice before hitting the post button. Go for a walk, slug back a 40 of whiskey, take a hike up the grouse grind or go for a swim to Nanaimo and back, then think, is it really necessary to bring him up again? Then if you still feel like posting about him, get someone to break your device so you can’t do it. Save the rest of us the mental anguish. 

Ugh, let the processing begin. Long live Trevor. Go Canucks go! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • elephant 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:26 PM, Chickenspear said:

1:34:21, you see Graves chasing down a puck, who then goes down low after Mclean clears the puck to the side. After, you see the other rangers come into the zone briefly before leaving, with none of them getting out of the sight of the camera, except Graves who is still down low.

F*** Messier and f*** Graves too.

F*** the Rangers as a staff, record label and as a motherf***ing crew.

And if you want to be down with the Rangers then f*** you too.

Ulf Samuelsson f*** you too.

All you motherf***ers, f*** you too.

All y'all motherf***ers f*** you die slow motherf***er

Gino will make sure all y'all kids don't grow

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Slegr said:

That would have seemed appropriate. Bure got ejected early in Game 3.

Bure was on Game 3, buzzing all over the ice, they were having serious trouble containing him.   Maybe there wouldn't even have been a game 7, if he wasn't ejected.   Then again, if we are being perfectly honest, maybe Bure wouldn't even played in NYR series at all if they punished him for the "mother of all elbows" against Churla.    In the end, 1994 was bittersweet.