The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Penguins acquire Erik Karlsson, Rem Pitlick, Dillon Hamaliuk, 2026 3rd-round pick; Sharks acquire Mikael Granlund, Jan Rutta, Mike Hoffman, 2024 1st-round pick; Canadiens acquire Jeff Petry, Casey DeSmith, Nathan Legare, 2025 2nd-round pick

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

When you say stuff like "Dubas was a loser for firing Babcock" or ridicule a player’s medical condition, it makes you one of the worst kinds of people: a bully.  That's all you are.  It's disgraceful.  It's gutless.  You seem obsessed with Dubas anyway, so it's only fair that you get flamed every time you say something stupid about him.

King started “The Adult’s Table” private club. He’s the King! 
image.gif.d492851b78a208ded0bfa7ae2cb112c7.gif

On 8/7/2023 at 3:45 AM, Bob.Loblaw said:

When you say stuff like "Dubas was a loser for firing Babcock" or ridicule a player’s medical condition, it makes you one of the worst kinds of people: a bully.  That's all you are.  It's disgraceful.  It's gutless.  You seem obsessed with Dubas anyway, so it's only fair that you get flamed every time you say something stupid about him.

And when you follow me around resorting to personal attacks, it shows what you are, and frankly that's not a good thing.  Take your meds and get the help you clearly need.  Since you aren't doing it voluntarily, it's only fair to the poor people who have to deal with you that I remind you to take them every time you show that you aren't smart enough to read the board rules regarding personal attacks. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2023 at 12:10 PM, DeNiro said:

Who’s the whole league?

We’re talking about two teams making a favourable trade for Pittsburgh to give Crosby another shot at a cup.

If you don’t think certain teams are being helped out good for you. I’ve seen teams like Chicago, Tampa, and Vegas be given too much special treatment to think otherwise.

so how does SJ help out pittsburgh?? they literally save 30million out of all this.. and hoffman can be dumped at the TDL for asset.. so SJ is not allow to get rid of Karlsson for money reason?? how many teams in the league can take karlsson at 10mil? they technically didn't even need montreal to make this trade work.. prolly they didn't want petry because he has more than 1 year left and SJ prolly on his no trade list.. Montreal benefits from the trade.. SJ gets out saving 30mil while they continue tanking and will get additional asset on top of the 1st when they move hoffman this year and granlund next year.. and opens up 10mil cap space in year 3 and 4 to weaponize.. i don't see how that is 2 teams helping pittsburgh when each of them benefits in their own way.

14 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Look. You know me. I'm one who can get emotional on a forum. You've seen it, so hopefully when I tell you this you know I'm not just saying this for the sake of saying it...

This is a forum. This is where people state their opinions. Can some of those opinions be frustrating? Absolutely. However, if you let someone else's opinion get to you like you're showing here.... you've lost the plot at that point. There's simply no way you can provide a sound argument while attacking in this manner, at least if you're trying to actually convince someone of something.

Imagine if some kid walked up to you talking to you like you just posted. How would you react to that kid? Would you be convinced that the kid was even remotely right?

We can all let our hearts get in the way at times. It's important to know and identify when we have... too much heart. ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Yikes. Hopefully for the Pens sake; Karlsson provides… something that resembles last season’s success.

To be fair, Pittsburgh is really trying for their last push before they can't keep going with their core. I don't blame them one bit for going all out at this point, especially when most teams would be jealous of their success over the past 15 years with that same core.

15 hours ago, IBatch said:

I like you, am rooting for PIT, more now than before.   Average age of Detroit's top four was 35.5 in 2002...Check out this roster, included two 40 years olds, and a pile of guys 35 or older... impressive names too...what is that... 11 HHOFers or 10 not sure lol.   Glad Robataille got a cup.   And Hasek.  

PIT actually has a couple cracks at it ... EK well most of his points last season were 5 x 5, because his forward group was terrible.   Hope Guentzal comes back ok.    If EK is really at the height of his powers,  Crosby and co will get a big boost. 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text, Page, Symbol, Number

Heck of a list.  Of the guys who aren't Hall of Famers some of them aren't all that far from the discussion.  Olausson, Steve Duchesne, Draper, Uwe Krupp.  Olausson, Duchesne and Krupp were probably top 20 defensemen of their era and they were the supporting guys for the team.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

28 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Heck of a list.  Of the guys who aren't Hall of Famers some of them aren't all that far from the discussion.  Olausson, Steve Duchesne, Draper, Uwe Krupp.  Olausson, Duchesne and Krupp were probably top 20 defensemen of their era and they were the supporting guys for the team.

Krupp could hit like an absolute truck.  Very underrated part of the Avs as well on the other end of the rivalry.

• Cheers 1

A team with negative cap space, limited assets, and two anchor contracts not only managed to add an 11 million dollar superstar, they actually came out of it with extra cap space…

Theres no excuse for other teams to not get deals done. :lol:

• There it is 1

Really don't see why SJ didn't retain 50% (they aren't winning in these 4 years anyways) and get a much better haul of picks and prospects. Karlsson at 10 is apparently not worth much of anything (the 1st is almost worth what it should take to take on Hoffman), whereas teams would have offered a lot for him at 5.75.

6 hours ago, Tower102 said:

Really don't see why SJ didn't retain 50% (they aren't winning in these 4 years anyways) and get a much better haul of picks and prospects. Karlsson at 10 is apparently not worth much of anything (the 1st is almost worth what it should take to take on Hoffman), whereas teams would have offered a lot for him at 5.75.

There's an actual dollar figure that comes with retaining that much for that long.  Try selling your owner on $20+ million  to get a bit better return in a trade 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Like 1