The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Need PTO - Nick Ritchie - 6'3" - 236 LBS

Rate this topic

wildcam

If this guy had the mean streak to put fist to face.  Could skate or use his size.  I could look past any of the other issues but damn......

he reminds me of this kid working in the kitchen of the music venue I bartend at.  HUGE kid.  Absolute monster.  But dumb as a gd post.  Sitting holding the clamato button over my ice well wondering why the cranberry looked and tasted funny.  No no, don't stiop holding the button.  It says C, the one that you want says cranberry.  Just keep holding the button down until it clicks bud.

Thats Ritchie.  

• Cheers 1

I feel like we have some good bottom 6 options in Joshua and PDG. They are both big men with some decent speed, finish their checks and can chip in with offense from time to time. They can even be bumped up the lineup if needed, ideally for short stretches. 

I still see our biggest need as another top 4 defender and I expect to get that next offseason, when Myers and other contracts are off the books (Pearson, Beauvillier, Cole). But I guess it could happen sooner should we ship out one of Boeser or Garland.

*I am intrigued about Filip Johannson (RD prospect). If he has a strong season in Abby, perhaps after Myers is moved, he could audition on the 3rd pairing- especially if we are a ways out from a playoff spot.

6 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I’d rather give Byron Ritchie a pto

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Also Brad Isbister, Jason Jaffray, Ryan Shannon, and Aaron Miller?

What a team!

Which player *LED* his team is points in the SEL (major league European league) one season - team MODO?

None other than the legendary Byron "Why the **** is he on the point in the Canucks power play" Ritchie:P.  I guess that's why.:ph34r:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0014322011.html

I'd bring in

Gemel Smith. Great special teams PK/PP guy with wheels to keep up and ride shotty with some skilled guys, Right shot C went PPG and the AHL not an enforcer but willing to drop em. 

ZAR The guy hits n PK's decent bottom 6.

Aaron Dell we seriously need a backup.

Derek Brassard He still moves pretty well 50% in the dot great 4th line guy put up 13g last year. Money on the PP.

Alex Edler lets try to get him another contract around the league. If there isn't one out there at least he retires a Canuck. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I'd bring in

Gemel Smith. Great special teams PK/PP guy with wheels to keep up and ride shotty with some skilled guys, Right shot C went PPG and the AHL not an enforcer but willing to drop em. 

ZAR The guy hits n PK's decent bottom 6.

Aaron Dell we seriously need a backup.

Derek Brassard He still moves pretty well 50% in the dot great 4th line guy put up 13g last year. Money on the PP.

Alex Edler lets try to get him another contract around the league. If there isn't one out there at least he retires a Canuck. 

Holy crap! Brassard is still in the league?

22 hours ago, wildcam said:

Nick Ritchie

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Dec 5 1995 -- Orangeville, ONT 
[27 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.03 -- Weight 236 [191 cm/107 kg]

Nick Richie 6'3 - 236 LBS - 27 - LW- This is the type of player Vancouver should be giving a PTO contract to?
Canucks need toughness and Ritchie has some skill and can play tough and grityt we need this against so many big teams in the west.
Last season Ritcher averaged 13:32 TOI  -- GP 74 - G 13 - PTS 26
Tocchet type of big forward...

Sure hope Alvinn doesn't wait much longer lost of players are getting PTO contracts..
Lets get Ritchie in for PTO -- Ritchie @ 6'3 - 236 lbs - LW would look great causing havoc in Canuck colours..
 Go Canucks Go !

We’ve learned the hard way that big doesn’t necessarily mean any good. 

zoo giraffe GIF

• Vintage 1

I remember when people were oozing as Ritchie was playing for Team Canada. I distinctly remember thinking that he was overrated. I've not always been right, but this is one of the few times that I know I got it right, for what it's worth (which is not worth anything)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Could bring back Motte. Though he isn't big he use to be one of our better PKers, would hit a ton and blocked shots. 

Had a hard time maintaining that high level of physical play for his size. Was injured a lot.

For a cheap deal he wouldn't be a bad 4th line/13th forward.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Could bring back Motte. Though he isn't big he use to be one of our better PKers, would hit a ton and blocked shots. 

Had a hard time maintaining that high level of physical play for his size. Was injured a lot.

For a cheap deal he wouldn't be a bad 4th line/13th forward.

If it means not having Aman and Studnicka up with the big club it’s worth it.

Nothing against Aman but he needs to develop another layer to his game to be an every day NHLer.

Some folks here miss the point. 
You offer him a PTO to elevate the competition in camp. You don’t have to sign the guy…you utilize him to raise the compete in everyone who is battling for a winger spot on this club. 

Yeah I’m sure some folks want better options for a PTO roster player. I do too. But PTO is just a try out. Think outside the box a bit here and how much this team needs to be ready to play to start the season. That means lighting a fire under a few asses right away to see what you get from it. 

PTO a vet back up G while we’re at it please. 

And maybe even another vet D like the Nick Holden or Patrick Nemeth or Slater Koekkoek or Jake Gardiner types who might still be available.

I just want to see this team truly ready come puck drop this year. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1