The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Thankfully I am only a 10-15 min drive to and from work. I don’t think I’m going to drive tomorrow, I have snow tires but I can’t say the same about most of the other drivers on the road. I believe transit will be a $€!+ show tomorrow so i’m just going to enjoy the walk in this winter wonderland. Everyone be safe out there. 

Its not the weather that worries me, it's the reckless drivers about to get rect and others that scare the poop outta me.

A757E142-ACED-4A8C-BADE-0D61561BC613.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Thankfully I am only a 10-15 min drive to and from work. I don’t think I’m going to drive tomorrow, I have snow tires but I can’t say the same about most of the other drivers on the road. I believe transit will be a $€!+ show tomorrow so i’m just going to enjoy the walk in this winter wonderland. Everyone be safe out there. 

Its not the weather that worries me, it's the reckless drivers about to get rect and others that scare the poop outta me.

A757E142-ACED-4A8C-BADE-0D61561BC613.gif

My drive this morning was perfect.  Everyone was taking due care and being cautious.  Started to see that patience crack a bit on my drive home.  I say that last time the roads were bad too.  Some people have the patience to drive bad roads for 1 day, then after that they lose it even if the conditions are the same.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Wimpy dog wearing a ski suit.........  my dog goes outside buck naked.....  lets it all hang out......

I know right? talk to the wife. She dresses her.

That dog is tough as nails, I'll have you know. Blue Heeler / GSP. That means..herder & hunter... she likes to work, notice the running in circles like looney:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno, could be from carrots...he's got some strong eyes. I've seen the dude stare into a solar eclipse. 

he's already fully explained this colour aura he exudes

it's from modern lightbulbs

so we need to go back to the older model

(still not sure why modern lightbulbs seem to only effect him though

i don't look orange in my place that only has the newest led lightbulbs)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My drive this morning was perfect.  Everyone was taking due care and being cautious.  Started to see that patience crack a bit on my drive home.  I say that last time the roads were bad too.  Some people have the patience to drive bad roads for 1 day, then after that they lose it even if the conditions are the same.

Problem is all it takes is one idiot thinking their 4x4 or car with bald ass tires can make it to screw everything up.  For the most part everyone is smart enough, slow down, take extra time, etc.

Snowfall warning for Metro Vancouver:

Snowfall warning in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta

Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.

10 to 15 cm of snow for Metro Vancouver and the western Fraser Valley tonight and Wednesday morning.

The next major snow event arrives this evening. The heaviest snow will be overnight and Wednesday morning as the warm front lifts over the region. 10 to 15 cm of snow will fall with this system before the snow eases late Wednesday morning.

Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. There may be a significant impact on rush hour traffic in urban areas.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

what the hell kind of occupation do you have where you can't work from home and is an absolute necessity you need to be there. 

bus drivers

taxi

plow operators

sea bus

ferries

long term care workers

hospital workers

weigh scale operators

dockyard workers

sea span

Coast Guard

Navy