The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List Your All Time Least-Favorite Canucks

TOMapleLaughs

Inspired by the other thread, here's mine. Bored, I am.

Linden era:

Petr Nedved - Acted all high and mighty after one alright season and pretty much demanded out, if memory serves, which it doesn't.

Gerald Diduck - Threw away a life and decent career here to chase glory down south, but he's not even American.

Jimmy Carson - Not his fault entirely, but he never seemed to fit in at all.

Jeff Brown - Liked him when he was here, but didn't exactly like that he forced the team into a horrendous trade scenario.

Josef Beranek - Not much to like. Mistake to get him onboard.

Roman Oksuita - Ditto

Alexander Semak - Aw, remember the hype around this guy when we got him? Why? So done.

Messier era:

John McCaw - Multi-billionaire didn't care for this team nor was willing to spend anything on it other than bare minumum. But at least the team didn't fold. Yay.

Mark Messier - The only money McCaw did spend went to this guy. Just a bad, bad, bad idea.

Garth Snow - Silliest goaltending shoulder pads ever and just a horrendous performer that's hate-worthy.

Josh Holden - Not so much hating the kid rather than hating the decades of drafting futility.

Steve Staios - Dunno, just didn't like him. When he went to Edmonton it fit.

Steve Kariya - All the hype around him kinda made me dislike him. Why not Brent Gretzky?!?

Harold Druken - Ugggh. Just the thought of him made me cringe.

Lubomir Vaic - gtfo

Felix Potvin - Hated him in TO, hated him here, hated him in LA when he proceeded to play good again.

Naslund era:

Jan Hlavac - Ugh, pass.

Dan Cloutier - Sorry, Dan. Just not all that likeable.

Brandon Reid - All flash, no presense. So frustrating.

Fedor Fedorov - Ditto.

Martin Rucinsky - Good God, why? Never liked him from shift 1 to his trip to the airport outta here.

Richard Park - Freakin' Nonis and his Minnesota moves were detestable.

Dave Nonis - Unlikeable, idiotic GM. Pretty sure Luongo was in the works by Burke before he even started. Him in TO is a fit.

Keith Carney,

Eric Weinrich,

Sean Brown,

Mika Noronen - All reminders of how stupid Nonis was. Can't say I enjoyed the presense of any of them.

Jan Bulis - Just a totally unlikeable player.

Lukas Krajicek - OMG the hype-job on this freakin' turd. Upsetting.

Tommi Santala - Forehead-slap!

Marc Chouinard - Guilty of sloth.

Ryan Shannon - See Brandon Reid. One spin-o-rama shootout goal was about it for his time here.

Matt Pettinger - Useless.

Sedin era:

Kyle Wellwood - Never really liked this droopy dog person and his cheeseburger-related TO baggage.

Shane O'Brien - Dude scored on himself. His attitude stunk worse than his play, which was pretty damn bad.

Mathieu Schneider - Didn't like him too much when he could still play. When we got him he couldn't, but he thought he was an all-star. Fool.

Aaron Rome - Sorry Romer, but you stunk. Smooth move on that late hit though when we were already down Hamhuis. That's your career highlight? UGHHH.

Cody Hodgson - Certainly can't like you now, that's for sure. 'Mr. Future Franchise.' Even if it was all Gillis, I am glad you're gone, overrated prick.

David Booth - Probably the most frustrating player I've seen put on a Canuck jersey. And that's one tall order. Keep on tweeting religious mumbo jumbo and hunting pictures, idiot.

Mike Duco - Junk player with junk attitude.

Derek Roy - Never liked 'Roy Baby' from day one of rumours on getting him, sorry.

Sorry for the epic list again. A lot of these guys are probably great guys just caught in the wrong place and time to form this meaningless and inconsequential opinion from a mega-bored CDC user.

By writing this I have gained no deeper knowledge about myself, and no new understanding can be extracted from reading it. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This opinion has meant nothing.

edit: As too many people are getting too caught up on semantics, (and honestly I did not try too hard in seperating disliked from disappointed in), I changed the title to 'Least-Favorite'. As you're allowed to have favorites and least favorites, right? Cheers.

Ebbett- sucked but kept playing

Kesler, - huge ego and wanted out

Hodgson - ego and wanted out

Luongo - unfunny and unprofessional tweets as well as ego and wanted out

Edler - if he continues to suck....

Schroeder - just a waste of pick

Booth- waste of a roster spot

Pretty much just this era really. Can't remember disliking any players prior since I was pretty young back in the early 2000s

I bet most of the replies will be Kesler and Luongo...

Aside from Messier, I never disliked any of our players. If they sucked, that's not their fault. Blame the GM for signing them/keeping them.

Only other Canucks I didn't like, if we're counting them, are Keenan and Torts.

Ebbett- sucked but kept playing

Kesler, - huge ego and wanted out

Hodgson - ego and wanted out

Luongo - unfunny and unprofessional tweets as well as ego and wanted out

Edler - if he continues to suck....

Schroeder - just a waste of pick

Booth- waste of a roster spot

Pretty much just this era really. Can't remember disliking any players prior since I was pretty young back in the early 2000s

Hm..yup, pretty close to who I would have chosen.

Weinrich- nonis...

Pettinger- Can't believe we traded Cooke for this scrub

Glass-Still have no idea how he's still in the NHL... Took Brown's spot in the lineup)

I disliked how sad and uninterested Bill Sweatt looked while playing for the Canucks.

Archived